Just had Comcast at my house

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
I took everyones advice and called Comcast in to look at the SA8000HD because it just shuts off. He said that it is built in the software that after 2 hours of idle time it goes into shutdown mode. Kinda like Standby in a computer. He also said that the choppy picture and popping audio was because I had programs saved in the DVR. He explained that the more things you have saved the more frequent it will happen. It was pretty bad with me and I only used 17% of the space in the box. He said that he knew of no new channels that were coming in my area. Thanks again for the advice.

That is all total Bullsh!t.

DVR's do NOT go off after 2 hours. You are watching the thing, and it does not know if you are there or not.

Choppy, from storing programs? More bullsh*t!

Have them take it back. IT IS defective. Probably a bad hard drive!

Yep, it should not shut off after 2 hours. There is a firmware addition that will shut the unit down after 1am (between 1-5), I believe, if you do not touch a remote button. But then, all you have to do is press a button. it gives you a warning first and it appears that it is MSO optional so not all areas do it.

There is no other "idle" shutdown.

goober22 said:
Yep, it should not shut off after 2 hours. There is a firmware addition that will shut the unit down after 1am (between 1-5), I believe, if you do not touch a remote button. But then, all you have to do is press a button. it gives you a warning first and it appears that it is MSO optional so not all areas do it.

There is no other "idle" shutdown.

I guess thats it because it did shut down around 1am everytime it did shut down

Okay. You probably have the firmware that adds that "feature". i guess its to save wear on the drive. If you are watching during that time, it should give a warning and allow you to touch a button to override it. If you have it running at night to listen to the music channels - I guess they want you to get a radio! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts