Just moved. Redoing DTV Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RedLance

Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Okay. First off, I supposedly can get my locals on 119. I have 2 18inch dishes, each with a dual LNB. My main IRD is an RCA DirecTivo DVR39. How do I go about aiming the 2 dishes? I know how to aim the one for 101, but what about 119? Will there be a separate signal meter for 119, assuming the IRD actually detects the multiswitch I have? (5x8) Also, does it matter if the 119 dish is on the east side of the 101 dish? Meaning the signals have to cross each other to reach the right dishes. As far as I know, that won't matter, but I thought I'd ask, before I go hooking everything up.

I used to work for a company that supplied lottery terminals to the State of Nebraska, also where I live. I was given a large roll of twin lead RG11 coax. Would this be good to run from the dishes to the switch? I see it has less loss then RG6. I have a cable installer friend, who will supply me with the correct ends for the RG11.

I was also given a complete 2-way satellite system, that they used for the lottery terminals. It's about a 4 foot dish, complete with transmit and receive LNB. I know the DTV LNB will fit on this dish. Will it overload anything, and/or burn out my LNB? Also, is there anything I could do with the transmit part of the LNB, legal or otherwise? It's all Ku band.

Thanks!

two 18 in dishes will work , the 5x8 will work

aim and lock the 101 then switch the settings to the 119 and aim to the right and SLIGHTLY lower for the 119

hey ironwood, i started with a company called excalibur cable holdings which is one of the five companies that formed viasource and then sold to ironwood/connect 180 . now that that is done and you probably have seen dishes signed "supertech" or "dtv001" and "SATSTARS" , that is us. a lot of thchs that got tired of the company being sold and resold.

THE GUY WAS ASKING HOW TO AIM TWO DISHES TO HIT 110 AND 119 THRU A 5X8 MULTISWITCH , he wasnt asking about a paratodos or phase iii dish or about "TILT"

you guys at HSP really do leave a lot to be desired, things NEVER change !!!

excalibur tech 3303
viasource tech 3201
sbca tech 26122
new sbca # b0350
10,000 plus conversions and installs since 3.4.2000

RG-11 is a pain, if you dont have the correct stripper and tool for putting on the "F" connectors. The connectors are quite expensive, too. I'd use RG-11 only if you have a very long cable run.

I'd also stick with the 18 inch dishes. The 4 ft one will probably work, but why make things more complicated, unless you have a lot of time on your hands, as well as a lot of lnbs, if they are damaged. I have a lot of lnbs and equipment such as yours, but not enough time to fool with it.

robert luzzi said:
THE GUY WAS ASKING HOW TO AIM TWO DISHES TO HIT 110 AND 119 THRU A 5X8 MULTISWITCH , he wasnt asking about a paratodos or phase iii dish or about "TILT"

you guys at HSP really do leave a lot to be desired, things NEVER change !!!

Amen to that! Not that I do DTV installs myself but, my lord. If there is one company that i've had to call the local offices, to assist a pissed off customer, more than any other. IRONWOOD WINS! Not directed at any one personaly. Just an observation.

hey rancid,

that is why six of us left and started two install companies, and making a lot more cash

happy holidays to all of you phone techs at directv

...........bob and the guys at satstars

Well, thanks for the info, guys. I think, since I have a sorce of RG11 tools and ends, I will go ahead and use it, and save my RG6 for the indoor runs.

RedLance

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)