Kansas City-Cleveland Game Not in HD

rickie546

Original poster
May 19, 2009
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
The Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Indians is not in HD either! Whats going on Dish!!! Why not give us all our games in HD besides having all these useless PPV channels and hardly watched networks. You can launch all these new locals and even ION televi!sion but not enough for baseball in HD all the time! This better get fixed or ill leave!

A straight answer from Dish on if/when they are going to fix this HD RSN issue would be nice.

But............T.I.D.

My guess is it will be fixed "soon". Indians are on in HD on STO tonight, but tomorrow is SD only. I gotta admit it's getting old.

A straight answer from Dish on if/when they are going to fix this HD RSN issue would be nice.

But............T.I.D.
00.gif

I imagine this is definitely a dish issue, but as you said, a more exacting answer would be appreciated. I'm sure there are a lot of people wondering about this.

[ actually got a response from the ceo address when I wrote in to complain about the fact that one of the Mariners games wasn't in HD on Dish (when I knew for sure it was available on Comcast and that Fox Sports Northwest was broadcasting in HD):

"At this time of year, while NBA and NHL and MLB are all in season, we are getting more HD games offered to us than we had the bandwidth to support. When this happens, we have to drop games. Each of our providers get a schedule indicating what games we are actually scheduled to air, but not all get their websites updated accordingly."

So at least there is an admission from someone at Dish about the bandwidth issue. The excuse, of course, about the NHL and NBA is ridiculous because those leagues are in the playoffs and not having any games on RSNs.

And to make it worse for those of us on the West Coast, we sometimes get what happened earlier this week: the M's game was "Joined in Progress" - when I tuned into Fox Sports NORTHWEST, I was watching the Marlins play because their game didn't end in time. So they're sharing channels AND axing games in HD.

It's ridiculous, of course, to expect any of the RSNs to identify whether the game is in HD on each of the providers so the comment from Dish is disingenuous at best. For now, we'll all just live in the dark as to the magic formula of who gets their game in HD...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)