KARE 11 HD shoes black screen.

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Anyone else seeing KARE 11 not coming in on the HD channel? It just shows a black screen. If I switch to the non HD channel the video is there. In queue for Dish right now but curious if others have seen this.

I just chatted with Dish, and they said to reboot everything. That would be too disruptive for me to do considering all the things being recorded now just to fix a single channel. My guess is it will fix itself somewhere along, and if not I'll reboot things tomorrow morning.

Solved.... I pressed the red button on my remote to see what it was showing when I had the HD channel selected and just a black screen. (This is on one of my hoppers, not a joey). It showed Tuner 1 Available, Tuner 2 Available, and then Tuner 3 being used by the 4 local stations. The list of 4 channels showed 2 "Watching" 1 "Recording" and KARE11 showed something like "Watching in PIP". I was like, pip? I used the PIP stuff earlier this day but not recently. So I chose that show and selected it. It then prompted me to join 2 different streams of that show, both of them listed as the Living Room with the same times (which was where the hopper was that I was using. So I picked one and bang. I now have KARE11 in HD.

Apparently something glitched in the PIP stuff stranding that channel in a viewbox that wasn't on the screen. But selecting it from the app behind the red button the remote allowed the system to reset and get the data.

Very weird, and while I'm sure rebooting the receiver would have solved it as well, I'm glad I found a way to see it in HD and not reboot the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)