Ken Reid and Chris Morgan

September 19-26, 1998

This week Ken welcomes BACK to the show author of the new book “99 Episodes That Defined the ‘90s: Television Milestones from Arsenio to Homer to Yada Yada Yada, Chris Morgan”

Ken and Chris discuss his book, Detroit, Tim Allen, Jack Kavorkian’s lawyer, Cigarette ads, Heidi Klum, Spin City, French Stewart, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Sex with Cindy Crawford, reality TV, the classic SNICK line up, Celebrity Death Match, Mad TV, Baywatch, Night Man, the frequency of Evil, Rising Star Barbie Alan Jackson, commemorative plates, Will & Grace, That 70s Show, Monday Night Football, Holding the Baby, The Marriage Fool, King of Queens, Brian Benben Show, Say What MTV, Superman II, King of the Hill, the greatness of Clueless: The Series, Newhart, Working, Hyperion Bay, Hey Arnold!, The Drew Carey Show, the impact of Phil Hartman’s Death, comedy vs drama, Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place, Ryan Reynolds, the decline of Must-See TV, Newsradio, the odd pairing of crystal meth and Seinfeld, ER, the hammock spot, the rise of Keith Oberman, Beetlejuice, the underappreciated gem that is Buddy Faro, the decline of CBS, Nash Bridges, and Chris’ future book topics.

I’m Ken Reid, a stand up comedian from Boston, MA and a life long television fan. I’ve been twice nominated as the Best Stand up in Boston and I have been featured on Comedy Central, NPR, Nerdist, and MSN. I own every issue of TV Guide. Each week a guest chooses an issue at random, picks their viewing choices from that week and the show is our discussion of the tough viewing choices of our past. We get into stories about growing up, people’s relationship with television, some cultural/media studies dissection and I spit out a lot of trivia.

Note: The Ken Reid TV Guidance Counselor Podcast is rated PG-13 and may contain mild language.

The post Ken Reid and Chris Morgan appeared first on The Solid Signal Blog.

Continue reading...

Is it time to upgrade your KVH satellite TV system?

Should you build your electronics into a cabinet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)