Kijiji, eBay, and Craigslist dishes for you to take a look at

Visited Site

This is being advertised by a new home owner as free for the taking. What is it do you suppose?
Yesterday I visited the site. The dish itself was in good condition, just needs to be rotated to the correct direction and a few trees cut down to provide clear sky. The former owner died which is the only way anybody with passion to install such a dish would leave it.
I did such a good sales job of the merits of such a dish that the new home owner is reconsidering, going to get help from his father-in-law FTAist, and is going to ignore his wife's suggestion to get rid of it. I think it was the comment he could receive 529 C-band digital channels, some in HD that may have closed the deal. You can classify this one as: Unavailable. In the coming months, we will likely touch bases so I can help him out as he proceeds.
DSC05061_sm.jpgDSC05063_sm.jpgDSC05065_sm.jpgDSC05069_sm.jpgDSC05070_sm.jpgDSC05068_sm.jpg

...I did such a good sales job of the merits of such a dish that the new home owner is reconsidering, going to get help from his father-in-law FTAist, and is going to ignore his wife's suggestion to get rid of it. I think it was the comment he could receive 529 C-band digital channels, some in HD that may have closed the deal. You can classify this one as: Unavailable. In the coming months, we will likely touch bases so I can help him out as he proceeds.
You're a nice man!

Yesterday I visited the site. The dish itself was in good condition, just needs to be rotated to the correct direction and a few trees cut down to provide clear sky. The former owner died which is the only way anybody with passion to install such a dish would leave it.

WOW! A LNA and block converter? If so, that thing hasn't been upgraded in 30 years and will benefit from new electronics.

I have following in my junk inventory. Maybe one of these would be an improvement?
MA Electronics Canada Ga As FET LNB: qty. 1
Star Trak 41 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
Star Trak 42 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
Star Trak 47 deg 60 dB gain LNB (Japan): qty. 1
Norsat Ku LNB: 0.5dB NF, 58 dB gain, A freq, Made in Taiwan, 710-0307, 94/11/17

I did such a good sales job of the merits of such a dish that the new home owner is reconsidering, going to get help from his father-in-law FTAist, and is going to ignore his wife's suggestion to get rid of it. I think it was the comment he could receive 529 C-band digital channels, some in HD that may have closed the deal. You can classify this one as: Unavailable. In the coming months, we will likely touch bases so I can help him out as he proceeds.
good job
i've not made a sale like that yet. when they are asking to Much for the dish i try to tell them what they can do with it.:hula:

well like you said.

Ha! It's just a 20-minute drive down the highway. No trailer here at all. I don't even have a hitch on my vehicle. I'm a city boy! I'd have to rent a truck. This would not be a simple operation. It's probably too much for me, but it would be fun to see it.

City boy? Dude the population of your area barely constitutes a village!

View attachment 89307View attachment 89308View attachment 89309View attachment 89310View attachment 89311View attachment 89312

You are a true FTA humanitarian!

Do these really make a good pond ? My guess is that the pond idea converts useful BUDs into scrap by stripping the good bits from the dishes
I think you described it very clearly. It is the satellite-dish equivalent of "fish-tankers", people who destroy antique TV sets by ripping out the chassis and using the cabinet to hold liquor, or a flat-panel TV, or a fish tank.

What's that on the free 6'er?
Could it be an ortho? I can't tell.

I don't recommend spending money on a 6' dish, but this Winegard might come with useful accessories.
Has a motor.

It got dark

Testing the new Titanium C138 Performance Plus C Band LNBF