L3.57 for 622 downloaded!

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Just checked this morning, All my 622s showing L3.57 now. Couldn't tell there is any difference yet since I only had my 622s for a week. One of 622 had few random reboots and lost picture (blank screen with audio) before. I will pay more attention to that one if stablize more now........ Will report more if I found anything significant.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
I noticed my 622 was powered on this morning 4:10am. I forgot about the download so hit the power button on the remote (never turned on the TV). That didn't work so I did a soft reboot. Came downstairs after getting ready for work and noticed the fan was still running. Turned on the TV and saw the 061 Boot Recovery - Do not Touch your receiver screen. I assumed the 622 would grab L3.57 when it updated at 3:00am, but apparently E* didn't pushed the update until 4:00am (EST)...so I rebooted mid-stream. Anyway, I didn't have any time to play with the new firmware.:eek:

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I got it, yes I dont see anything new flipping through things quickly. And I don't have HDMI so I don't know if thats fixed or not.

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
I checked and indeed SW version 3.57 (specifically L357RBDD-N) is there, however, I STILL don't have HDMI to my Sony KDLV40XBR1. (No video or audio, reported by many, "hard" failure in my case but intermittent for others.) I will also try a hard reboot when I get home and play around with cables, etc., but I don't expect any success, i.e., it's not "fixed" with the latest SW.

When I last discussed my particular HDMI problem with the E* tech he mentioned that this fix is more likely to be a "bootstrap" upgrade, but my BS is still version 1710RBDD. Can anyone enlighten me on this? What's a BS and how is it different from the SW? Is a BS unique for each receiver? How/why is it updated?

TIA for any information on this. I'm about ready to call E* and demand a replacement...

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
If I understand this correctly, the "Bootstrap" would be the base operating system, in 622's case, it will be the modifiied Linux OS. While "Software" would be the application that controls all the 622's function......

Just my wild guess.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
We have requested them from the proper channels we must go through. All sites must now go through the same channel to get the notes. Posting of Beta notes is no longer allowed and anyone posting beta notes is subject to be removed from the beta team. (or so I am told)

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
pdxsam said:
All of a sudden there's no HDMI output on the 622 with certain models of tv's....It's completely black and no matter what I do it doesn't start. Sam
That's what I have had since day 1 with the 622 connected to my Sony...

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
pdxsam said:
All of a sudden there's no HDMI output on the 622 with certain models of tv's.

It's completely black and no matter what I do it doesn't start.

Sam

I have this issue with my Sony KP57WV600 RPTV. It first showed up two weeks ago. Replug and reboot cured it once. Replug and reboot several times cured it a second time. Third time, I tried this technique a dozen times and nothing. Switched to a component cable (and I'm not happy since I killed my DVD recorder connection to my TV in the process since I ran out of HD ports).

HDMI is not functional for me right now. I'll try again when I get home, but I'm not holding out hope....

hzhao

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
So far, I have no HDMI (or HDMI/DVI) issues with either Sharp and Samsung TVs. If I hear this correctly, most of so call HDMI issues are all related to certain brand/model of TVs...... Does anyone have a summerized list of those TV models?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)