L4.43 Software

EAGLES

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
L4.43 spooled to one of my 622's this morning. Any release notes available?

My notes say:

Thursday 8/30

ViP622/722
L443
Full - excludes L441
Fixes:
EHD, Signal, CSA, Reboot fix, EPG Fav

This is what the Tech portal says:

ViP 622 DVR DishProPlus SD/HD Interactive TV Two-TV Dual-Tuner IR/UHF Pro Residential Receiver

Current Software : L4.41 8/14, L4.43 8/30

Previous Software : L4.42 8/17, L4.05 5/15

This is a case of the beta testers saying "yeah, the alternating guide / date-time feature works" vs saying "yeah, I can see this annoying, flashing "banner ad" type feature that you added. it's there and I hate it but it's working".

New bug appeared with L441 -> L443

A small but annoying bug has appeared with L443 that was not present in L441.

With L441, my HomePlug/DishCOMM broadband connection seemed to work without any errors. I wish I could say whether or not the phone icon on the top right of the Info screen (Menu 6-1-3) was green or yellow, but I don't recall. It is possible that it was yellow and the system was not producing the 588 error dialog box.

Either way, with L443 I now get the 588 error dialog box that informs me I need to have my phone line or ethernet connected in order to avoid the $5 fee. The Info screen shows the phone icon as yellow with a red slash. Dish support told me that this icon applies to either phone or broadband connections despite having a telephone handset as the icon. Because of the introduction of broadband support I pulled my wireless phone adapter; going back is not as easy an option as one would think due to my configuration. :)

I have reset the broadband connection, reset the router, and reset the ViP622. None of these has removed the issue with 588 error appearing.

Either L443 broke the ability to detect broadband connections or it was always broken but the error dialog did not appear until L441. I'm pretty skeptical that it was always broken after reviewing my router activity logs...

I've read where others are seeing this error but have not seen any discussion about trying to isolate the cause.

Red

They didn't fix the reboot issue on my 622. I am on my second receiver and now getting a third because of a looping reboot every 5 minutes or so. Really frustrating. Spent 4 days on the phone with TS to finally hear from them that it is a software problem.

They didn't fix the reboot issue on my 622. I am on my second receiver and now getting a third because of a looping reboot every 5 minutes or so. Really frustrating. Spent 4 days on the phone with TS to finally hear from them that it is a software problem.

If you keep having the reboot issue after several receivers have been replaced, you need to look at your setup for the problem. The actual dish may not be grounded, the coax coming in the house may not be grounded, a switch, splitter, diplexor, or lnbf may be bad, the cable may be wrong or bad, your outlet may not be grounded properly. If you have the DVR in a closed space it could be overheating. They get hot anyway and if you don't have a external fan, it may be too hot even sitting on a shelf.

if you hear a report on your car radio that some nut is going the wrong way on the freeway and you get upset that they said one when it looks like everybody is going the wrong way, guess what? It just might be you.

A small but annoying bug has appeared with L443 that was not present in L441.

With L441, my HomePlug/DishCOMM broadband connection seemed to work without any errors. I wish I could say whether or not the phone icon on the top right of the Info screen (Menu 6-1-3) was green or yellow, but I don't recall. It is possible that it was yellow and the system was not producing the 588 error dialog box.

Either way, with L443 I now get the 588 error dialog box that informs me I need to have my phone line or ethernet connected in order to avoid the $5 fee. The Info screen shows the phone icon as yellow with a red slash. Dish support told me that this icon applies to either phone or broadband connections despite having a telephone handset as the icon. Because of the introduction of broadband support I pulled my wireless phone adapter; going back is not as easy an option as one would think due to my configuration. :)

I have reset the broadband connection, reset the router, and reset the ViP622. None of these has removed the issue with 588 error appearing.

Either L443 broke the ability to detect broadband connections or it was always broken but the error dialog did not appear until L441. I'm pretty skeptical that it was always broken after reviewing my router activity logs...

I've read where others are seeing this error but have not seen any discussion about trying to isolate the cause.

Red

I had the same issue with the 588 error coming up after the L443 update and i had my ethernet cable connected to my network and was working fine untill the update.

What i did to fix it was just unplug the eithernet cable did a reboot and the 588 error showed on the screen then i pluged the eternet cable back in and did a reboot again and it has been fine with no problems since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts