L627

120inna55

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Athens, Texas, United States
I've searched and searched and have yet to find a thread regarding L627. If I've overlooked it, please accept my apologies and close/delete this thread.

I received L627 on my ViP622 this morning. My ViP722 still has L625.

The most obvious thing I noticed is the annoying VOD nag at the bottom of the guide.

I guess it was inevitable.

Selecting "guide" again, turns it off.

Anything else new in this software release?

Its supposed to allow us to order PPV through the Ethernet port (ie no phone line) as well as access Dish 100/customer support. try it and let us know, I got rid of my 622's just have 722's so i can;t try it yet. thx

Its supposed to allow us to order PPV through the Ethernet port (ie no phone line) as well as access Dish 100/customer support. try it and let us know, I got rid of my 622's just have 722's so i can;t try it yet. thx

We could already order PPV through ethernet. I don't have a phone line and I have always been able to order PPV. However, the customer support would be a nice touch since many people are keeping their internet and getting rid of land lines.

At least Dish thought ahead. It seems that they knew it would be such an annoyance to some of us that they gave us a way to turn it off. :)

I have it on my 922 and it doesn't work too well. Commercials are still loud. Especially the Dish commercials. Using the optical hookup to the Denon.

Nothing there about "volume leveling". Same stuff there as in 625 (I just compared to my 722 which still has 625).

The 722k's will start getting L661 on Thursday... it's a partial rollout to 250k receivers.

Volume leveling support, TV ratings, EPG Banner Ads, WA 1K.4, Fix PPP (Phone) with IP Connected (CSA), IPTV Play Buffer from 10% to 5%, Remove Phone Line Nags, DRA Sat. Timer fixes, EBR default timer updates, MPEG4 Trigger fixes, QPSK-T legacy Checkswitch fix, possible 004 fix, full VOD in EPG @ ch. 1 support, Misc.

I had not seen the VOD Banner in the guide. Must you be broadband connected to see see it?

L627 does include TV Ratings.

I have noticed a couple of correct issue in this release.

6:12am Local HD Blip corrected.
Guide channel selection corrected.

Others have suggested the EHD event deletion problem has been addressed. I never invoked the condition before. But I could not make it happen with L627.

I still don't have it on my 622. Any idea when it should be coming down the pipe? I won't use my EHD until then for fear of losing more saved VOOM content.

The 722k's will start getting L661 on Thursday... it's a partial rollout to 250k receivers.

Volume leveling support, TV ratings, EPG Banner Ads, WA 1K.4, Fix PPP (Phone) with IP Connected (CSA), IPTV Play Buffer from 10% to 5%, Remove Phone Line Nags, DRA Sat. Timer fixes, EBR default timer updates, MPEG4 Trigger fixes, QPSK-T legacy Checkswitch fix, possible 004 fix, full VOD in EPG @ ch. 1 support, Misc.

Any idea on how the roll out is going? I still have 628. What does 628 have?

I received L627 today, and one big annoyance...both IR and UHF remotes have VERY slow response time. It takes 4 seconds for the EPG to show on the screen after hitting the remote button.

I received L627 today, and one big annoyance...both IR and UHF remotes have VERY slow response time. It takes 4 seconds for the EPG to show on the screen after hitting the remote button.
If you haven't already, you might want to try a power cord reset. That's been known to correct things like that after a FW upgrade...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)