Lake Charles,LA

craigs2553

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Is there any voomers in Lake Charles,La? Would like to know about your voom experience's and about any OTA problems.

Lake Charles, LA

I'm in Sulphur, LA. I had Voom installed on 7/12. Only one station mapped, that is the PBS station and it doesn't come in at all through Voom. After reading on here and checking AntennaWeb, I called Voom. They said they would upgrade my antenna. Installers, Inc. called me back to say that my installer (EJ Citizen Band) told them they would not come out to upgrade my antenna because they've tried it before and it will not work. The person from Installs said she'd call me back once they located someone else to do this work. I'll give them until the end of the week, then I'll call Installs back.

How's your reception?

I live in moss bluff. EJ did my install as well. I already had a radio shack antenna (the biggest one they sell) on a 40 ft pole w/rotator. I have a built in HD tuner in my tv and can get CBS channel 56.1(klfy Lafayette) & pbs Lafayette channel 23.1,23.2 & 23.3. Could never got fox. Was getting kplc until there tower fell. With voom the only thing showing up is fox, nothing else. If you have a hd tuner in your tv you can do like I did. I think the whole setup cost me about $300.00. I did all of the work myself.

I'm in Lafayette La, currently receiving:

KATC (DTV/ABC)
KLFY (DTV/CBS)
KADN (DTV/FOX)
KLPB (DTV/PBS)
WBRZ (DTV/ABC)

Waiting on KPLC (NBC) to return to the air late this month/early september.

I e-mailed Kplc's manager and he said they are trying to have the tower up with digital for the olympics. Hopefully that will happen.

After EJ Citizen Band refused to come out to upgrade my OTA antenna, I got a call from a dealer in Beaumont, TX (Satellite Discount) saying they were hired to do it. They came out night before last and put me a humongous antenna. I'm now receiving ch. 21 (CBS Beaumont), but that's it. Is the local Fox 29 digital feed down? I'm not getting it at all.

I have never ever been able to get fox. I talked to them about 2 months ago and they said there transmitter was hit by lighting. I don't know if thats true or not. I don't think that they ever turn on the digital transmitter. Youcan call and see what they say. I gave up on them. Good Luck!

An update on KVHP-Fox.
I talked to the station engineer about there digital. I asked him why I can not get them in moss bluff. He said I am to far away. I replied that there power must be low. He said very very low. I then asked since fox is broadcasting the superbowl are they going to up the power. He said probably. I dont believe him. KVHP management should be ashamed of themselve! Advertising digital when the power is so low that you have to be real close to the transmitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)