LASIK surgery, etc.

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
seandudley said:
And to think, I paid $1,000.00 for a 30 hour SD TiVo when they first came out.. should have waited, they came down in cost pretty quick! Same with that darn LASIK surgery. I paid $5,000.00 for that, and I think you can get it for about $500.00 now. I need to be more patient on stuff and not pay and arm and a leg for everything as soon as it comes out!

LASIK I think the cheapest for a licensed doctor is $650 an eye, but yes it's cheaper. Sorry to go OT.

Since were OT already...how satisfied are you with your vision after LASIK?
My vision is like 20/400...I can't even see my toes without my contacts. (No my belly is not in the way)

wasch_24 said:
Since were OT already...how satisfied are you with your vision after LASIK?
My vision is like 20/400...I can't even see my toes without my contacts. (No my belly is not in the way)

I had LASIK surgery done about 4 years ago. Before the surgery my eyesight was about 20/300, nearsighted and no astigmatism. After the surgery I am now at 20/15... better than average eyesight. Mine cost about $1500 for both eyes. I highly recommend it for anyone that is eligible to receive it.

Do you have glasses? If so you probably have to wear glasses for about a month or so before they do the surgery, at least that is was my doctor told me 4 years ago.

I would definitely look into it.

Jerry

Thanks, I have been thinking of looking into it around tax time. I'm 27. Is there a chance that it can revert over time? I guess I could just do some research but conversing directly with folks with experience is better.

Yea this is OT but to answer you Wash_24....
Yes it can get worse over time. The older you get the worse you eye's will be. However, it shouldn't get to the point were you need glasses again untill your in your 50's if even then or so my doctor told me. I got mine done when I was 24, am now 29 and still have 20/15 vision.
On the flip side, my Uncle who was 57 when he got his done needed glasses again when he was 65. So as you can see the younger you are the longer it will have a benefit.

Vreesar said:
Yea this is OT but to answer you Wash_24....
Yes it can get worse over time. The older you get the worse you eye's will be. However, it shouldn't get to the point were you need glasses again untill your in your 50's if even then or so my doctor told me. I got mine done when I was 24, am now 29 and still have 20/15 vision.
On the flip side, my Uncle who was 57 when he got his done needed glasses again when he was 65. So as you can see the younger you are the longer it will have a benefit.

Cmon Moderators... Looks like we have a double standard here when it comes allowing off-topic discussions.

Where's your message....
"OT -- Message Deleted"

If you want to learn about LASIK I think you could find plenty of other forums to do so. I bet www.lasik.com has plenty of info.

Cmon Moderators... Looks like we have a double standard here when it comes allowing off-topic discussions.

Where's your message....
"OT -- Message Deleted"

If you want to learn about LASIK I think you could find plenty of other forums to do so. I bet www.lasik.com has plenty of info.

MEOW ffftttt fffttttt (picture a screaching cat)
ROFLMAO Sorry I couldn't resist. :p

Anybody else have a good or bad lasik experience they want to share here?
Now is your chance!
Looks like Vreesar (our resident expert) is just dying to talk to someone about it.

Apparently I need some form of vision correction . . . I thought I was reading a Voom forum.

jawilljr said:
I had LASIK surgery done about 4 years ago. Before the surgery my eyesight was about 20/300, nearsighted and no astigmatism. After the surgery I am now at 20/15... better than average eyesight. Mine cost about $1500 for both eyes. I highly recommend it for anyone that is eligible to receive it.

Do you have glasses? If so you probably have to wear glasses for about a month or so before they do the surgery, at least that is was my doctor told me 4 years ago.

I would definitely look into it.

Jerry

I guess off-topic discussions are permitted here if everyone is nice and polite.
The minute it's starts to heat up, out comes the "Off-Topic - Message Deleted" police.
That looks to be the way it works.

Anyone have any good ideas on treating crabgrass? I'll be very cordial throughout this discussion.
Thanks!

I got my Lasik done at Kmart. Now I am completely color blind. Although sometimes I see this flashing blue light. :)

txcruiser said:
I guess off-topic discussions are permitted here if everyone is nice and polite.
The minute it's starts to heat up, out comes the "Off-Topic - Message Deleted" police.
That looks to be the way it works.

Anyone have any good ideas on treating crabgrass? I'll be very cordial throughout this discussion.
Thanks!

Weed and Feed worked great on mine,the stuff from Bayer not the other company.

I like cake. :) (Just thought I'd make this thread even more ridiculous - seriously though, I don't really have a problem with the occasional off-topic discussion myself. I enjoy the surprise element. And I really do like cake. A lot. :p )

I like shrimp,Bar-B-Qued Shrimp,Deep Fried Pepper Shrimp,Spicy Grilled Shrimp,
Creole Shrimp Jambalaya,Tangy Honeyed Shrimp,Millionaire Stuffed Shrimp, Alabama-Style Shrimp Bake, Bubba's Beer-Broiled Shrimp, Shrimp Pizza Wedges,Lime-Barbecued Shrimp, Grilled Orange Shrimp Salad,Spicy Shrimp Dip, Real Smooth Shrimp Butter, Mighty Nice Shrimp Cheese Ball, Lt. Dan's Lemon Shrimp, Smiley Face Shrimp, Oriental Shrimp Salad, Shrimp and Cheese Omelet,Crispy Sweet-and-Sour Shrimp, Coconut Fried Shrimp, Walnut Fried Shrimp, Mama Blue's Shrimp Patties,Shrimp Hot Brown, New Year's Steak 'n' Shrimp, Shrimp Flambe (with White Wine Sauce and Hollandaise Sauce!), Shrimp and Refried Rice, Sizzlin' Szechuan Shrimp,and I like cake also. :p

What does it mean when it itches when you pee?

** This may be OT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)