Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Attention
The following DMAs/Channels are currently experiencing an outage on the 77/72.7/61.5 orbital.
Davenport DMA
Springfield MA DMA
Cincinnati OH DMA
PFC Ch. 577
RBTI Ch. 598
Sahara One Ch. 797
ERA Sport Ch. 916
Three Angels Broadcasting Network Ch. 9393
Health and Human Services Television Ch. 9402
Pentagon Channel Ch. 9405
Arts & Entertainment Ch. 9406
Alma Vision Hispanic Network Ch. 9413
FEC TV Ch. 9418
KBS World Ch. 9850
PPV Ch. 516 - 525
Customers may be missing HD channels from the following DMA's Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Cincinnati, Charleston, Lexington, Louisville, Springfield

DISH is working hard to restore these services, please do not call DISH if you are missing any of these channels as they are aware of the problem!

Update from DISH Network

The EchoStar 8 satellite, on which DISH Network leases capacity from EchoStar, experienced an anomaly early Sunday morning, Jan. 30, 2011, that primarily disrupted local TV service for DISH Network subscribers in 19 small to mid-size cities in the Eastern half of the United States. As a precaution, affected services were restored on back-up satellites throughout the day. The local channels and almost all other services were restored by Sunday afternoon. An investigation into the cause of the anomaly is ongoing.

I had to reboot my 211, and now it wont get past acquiring satellite. It is trying to find 72.7 TP6, which is showing up at 77 TP6, even though I dont have a dish pointed to 77. My other 211 confirms this, however it is working fine since I haven't rebooted it. Can anyone check the TID for 72.7 TP6? I think they might have screwed something up.

Update: I unplugged 72.7 from my DP44 switch, let the 211 cycle to another transponder on the "acquiring sat" screen (TP25), and then plugged 72.7 back into the switch. Finally counted past 2 and everything is working again. Great job Dish, not.

an "anomaly"?.....Like....It got away?...Or stuck by a meteor?
I think the facts as we know them are rather ominous. According to TheList!, the following transponders are still in use at 77: 1, 5, 9, 12, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29. Since (other than TP12) those are all odd, they may be on the aging E1. TP12 could be coming from E4. It's unclear from where I'm sitting whether E8 is carrying anything at the moment.

Does anybody recall how many transponders are still functioning on E4?

E1 does the odd transponders for dish and dish mexico, E4 is in inclined orbit and only operating on TP 12 and with tests on TP 30 I believe.

Dish mexico is on TP 3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27, 31 @ 77. These are all MPEG2 QPSK (except TP 7). E4 is just a placeholder in case of E1's demise.

*RUMOR ALERT*

I am hearing a strong rumor they have got Echostar 8 back under control and plan to start moving channels back to 77 within the next two hours...

I have my eyes on the uplink pc looking for signs of change. :)

I do hope this one is TRUE. :)

Just got back from a service call and the switch test reported CONN for the location that should register as 77. Had me going for a little while until I got back to the shop and a new unit here reports the same result. There's gonna be a bunch of messed up EA installs and service calls until they get something up there that registers as a satellite at 77.

*RUMOR ALERT*

I am hearing a strong rumor they have got Echostar 8 back under control and plan to start moving channels back to 77 within the next two hours...

I have my eyes on the uplink pc looking for signs of change. :)

I do hope this one is TRUE. :)
That would be good news!! Wonder if these guys will get the credit for the fix.... :D

dish_free_hd.jpg

for the international channels, if you have 118.7, you should be able to get them that way, right? I rememebr an international channels customer complaining that his receiver was automatically getting internationals from 61.5, and that those were worse than their counterparts in 118.7.

Hopefully it was human error on the ground and not a satellite issue. Something like they sent the wrong command to the satellite and it fired the thrusters and it went off course.

So far my rumor is not looking good, as they have done a few more movements off of 77....

Still got my fingers crossed.

Here's an update for you guys that we just received. Seems like everything should be up and running (very soon if not already), but a check switch test may not show 77 still.

At this time, all traffic on Eastern Arc is restored except 17 HD PPV channels.

Issues you may encounter as a result of the interruption:

• Western arc customers with a wing dish pointed at 77 for their HD locals will not see the channels in the below markets since they are now on 61.5/72.7. Please note that they will continue to see their SD local channels from Western arc.
    • Evansville, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Cincinnati, Charleston, Lexington, Davenport, Louisville, Springfield (MA & MO), Little Rock

• Switch tests are impacted by the interruption in certain locations. There will be cases where a switch test will not return the 77 degree orbital. After services are fully restored on 77, these customers may require an additional check switch to regain programming.

The following services were previously broadcast from 61.5 and will not appear in the customer’s electronic program guide:

• Eastern Arc PPV: Ch. 502, 503, 504, 505, 507, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521, 522

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)