Status
Not open for further replies.

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
Has been running better today, until this:
"There seems to have been a problem with the database.
Please try again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, whom you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience."
Received the above while trying to go www.SatelliteGuys.us

Seems ok now. I was in the Pub when it went down. Obtw Scott do me a favor and look at my last thread in the pub it was a joke that I was going to leave over night but I found some one else withe the same avatar. I'm going back to my previous avatar and then it wouldn't make much since. Please delete the hole thread for me. Thanks

Frank Jr. said:
Seems ok now. I was in the Pub when it went down. Obtw Scott do me a favor and look at my last thread in the pub it was a joke that I was going to leave over night but I found some one else withe the same avatar. I'm going back to my previous avatar and then it wouldn't make much since. Please delete the hole thread for me. Thanks
Poof gone.....

LER

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got 5000 notices :)

Cant wait to see my text messaging charges for this month. :(
You forwarded all the text messages to your phone? During a server upgrade? Ouch.

No I forward all server error messages to my phone. This way if something breaks I can log into the server via SSH with my cell phone (or call LER and yell HELP!!!) :D

Does your cell phone providor have an unlimited text message option?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I got 5000 notices :)

Cant wait to see my text messaging charges for this month. :(

What service provider do you have? My guess at 25cents x 5000 something like 1250.00 is my guess or 10 cents x 5000 is 500, either way, you need to get a unlimited text plan if thats how u have it setup to let u know.

all may not be lost

Have a word with your service provider, and agree to increase your plan at the same time.
I've been at my cell dealer when customers have come in with similar problems, and (at least) Cingular has been somewhat receptive to keeping the customer by forgiving * part of the debt.
After all, it's not like it costs them anything!

In that case, a customer had gone way over his plan minutes, and was being charged 40-cents a minute.
His $1000+ debt was written down to a few hundred, and he increased his plan to some enormous number of minutes a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satellite Guys Top Notch Site

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts