Latest Voomer!

edtorious

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hello, I just had voom installed today! And 3 days earlier than my scheduled appointment too! Thanks for the suggestions in this forum I tried calling the local installer and I asked if they could install earlier and they said yes! :D The install went very well except for the OTA, I don't have FOX! HDTV Superbowl goodbye... :no It's a good thing I kept my limited basic cable so I don't mind watching the superbowl thru cable. The problem per tech is I need antenna that is bi-directional? :confused: I'm not even sure what that means cause I'm a newbie when it comes to these. And the tech didn't have any antenna like that in stock. :rolleyes: So I called voom and they are sending an upgraded antenna and I'm scheduled for next saturday install. :yes Will let you know what happen. But all in all I'm happy! :D
Just have a quick question and hope somebody can help. I was checking the installation wizard thru the settings and noticed that tech missed one step, the activate box step? :confused: I called voom and they said as long as the step verify voom is checked I should be ok, so i said ok. But I really want that to be taken care of so, I tried activating it, but I failed because I don't know what to put in the phone info section? :confused: I thought I put my own # but then when I saw what it's doing I realized I made a mistake because it tried to dial my # w/c of course would be busy. :p Anybody knows what number I should put in there before I call voom? Your help or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. :)

you don't need that info that is for furture use when they start letting tech us that to active the boxes for your home instead of call them. If you have voom service right now than your box is activated no need to worry about that step. you are good to go.

Hey, edtorious, welcome to VOOM! We've been enjoying it for over a year.

And we are lucky to have TYORK monitoring on here. By the way, TYORK, when do you find time to do your installs (heh, heh)?

Still watching HDTV under rainy Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts