LeRoy Neiman, Popular Sports Artist, Dies at 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was an icon in the 60s and 70s. You used to his art on album covers(remember those) and movie posters everywhere. By the time his art was used at the end of Rocky III it already seemed like a flashback, But I truly did enjoy hi stuff long agao.

His work in Playboy made me want to look at the pictures. :) He was a true genius. RIP

00400-10940_large.gif

To see all of his works: LeRoy Neiman artwork list sortable by title, year, type, medium, or retail price, courtesy of Doubletake Gallery

That was him as the ring announcer in Rocky III. I'm not really into impressionist art, but he was very popular.

R.I.P.

One of his pieces was just featured on Pawn Stars and they were talking about how much it would go up in value once he passed away. Well, those guys are gonna do well with it....

RIP LeRoy.

One of his pieces was just featured on Pawn Stars and they were talking about how much it would go up in value once he passed away. Well, those guys are gonna do well with it....

RIP LeRoy.

Yep was thinking the same thing about Pawn Stars when I seen this Thread.....R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOULD YOU RATHER.....

Teens attack kung fu expert. Oops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)