LG Thrill

csabec

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
UP of Michigan
I am considering a different phone finally! Haven't been in the market for a new smartphone for awhile so had some questions. Its been over a year or so since I had my BB Torch and I am 50/50 on it. So my contract is finally up and due for a phone and was looking at the Thrill as its 3D and seems like a good price point at $99 with 2yr. Has anyone been able to use and test the phone? I found some reviews on it but would have to wait a week to get a tester in my current market. Anything would be helpful. I am also looking at the Atrix and Inspire and at the outer end maybe Iphone or the upgraded BB Torch 9810.

The 3D is interesting to me not a real selling point with the LG. The price for the Samsung doesn't scare me, my main concern for a phone yet to be released is when will I actually get the phone as I probably be ordering via At&t since I don't live in a big enough market for us to get these phones the day it will be released. Also being new to Android what should I expect with Gingerbread as to Fryo?

I'm not in the US, don't know carrier specifics.
Also, never used a locked phone, don't know what the carrier can actually disable on a subsidized handset.

RE: Android...
That's hard to put in a forum post.
I see Gingerbread as a clean-up release with few new features added (e.g. hot-spot, aka tethering).
Again, what will be available to the user and how easy (if desirable) it will be to root/unlock is very carrier specific.
The O2 (UK) Galaxy S II had a no-brainer 5 min root/unlock (read XDA for more).

As to the experience: the S II is head and shoulders above any other (Android) smartphone.
From the quality of the screen, to touch to WiFi, etc. - no one is close.

Diogen.

Thanks for the help, I am going to wait and see if I am able to get the Samsung SII near the release date and work from there. If not I think I am going to go for the Inspire as I tested one out at the local At&t store yesterday and liked it, but I am not a huge fan of the HTC feel to it but seemed to built well and fast. Thanks again for the help.

How to put phone number on permanent ignore in Android?

Justice Department blocks AT&T-Mobile merger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts