Lightning! and Sling for sale

lgball

Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 14, 2006
Oklahoma
So, I got hit by lightning last Wednesday. Both Hoppers and both Joeys were fried. It was a major fight with Dish to get a technician out to the house. They just wanted to do a receiver swap, but I wasn't sure what was fried, so I wanted a diagnosis. After asking for a supervisor and threatening to go to cable, they relented and dispatched a tech.

Turns out, nearly everything was fried but it's all leased. So, for the $145 service call, I got 2 brand new Hoppers with Sling (replacing original Hoppers) and 2 brand new Joeys. So that's good. The OTA module was fried as well, so I had to order one of those since I owned it.

I have the sling adapter (which I also owned) off my original Hopper and don't need it any more. If you want it, $20+shipping and it's yours. I doubt it's fried, but it might be, so I'll make sure you don't pay (except for shipping) if it doesn't work. These are down to $49.95 at Dish, but this is still a bargain.

let me know via email at lgball at the google email service.

DISH treated you very well be very thankful, only the receivers are leased and lightening used to be excluded from service calls.

They did in fact treat me well. And the service tech was great. A far cry from my recent experience, so a nice surprise.

Sorry about not posting this in Classifieds. I looked at the bottom of the forum list for the classifieds section and didn't see it. Never thought to look up top.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)