Living In Central Wisconsin

MikeR7

Original poster
Mar 2, 2007
I want to sign up to DISH as a new customer, but get Minneapolis-St. Paul local HD channels. What is the best way to do this?

If I were to start over with Dish, I would set it up as an RV account with no permanent service address, do the install myself, and call and change locals whenever I want.

I want to sign up to DISH as a new customer, but get Minneapolis-St. Paul local HD channels. What is the best way to do this?

The MSP HD locals are on spot beam for both the 129W and 61.5W satellites. The spot beam for 129W is tight and doesn't cover Central WI. I think the 61.5 spot beam is also tight and oriented away from you so that may not be an option either. Regulations require E* or any other satellite provider to only provide the locals for the DMA in which the subscriber resides. If you live within a spot beam for another market, subs sometimes "move" to an address in that DMA. If you go to the link below and select the satellite, you can see what channels are on what beam for that satellite. The 129W satellite carries a lot of local HD and if you click on the spot beam number in the table, you'll get a map of the beam coverage. Central WI is mostly covered by spot beam 15 on 129W iirc.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription List Home

Edit: Corrected spotbeam number. Thanks to KAB below for catching the error.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts