Loading then to preview channel (ch. 1)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
For the past month when I Start my car (lighter won't work with car off) my radio says loading after 30 seconds or longer then it goes to the preview channel. It use to stay on the channel I had it on and 5 second delay and then music. Is my radio broken or would a refresh work?

First, using a volt meter set for DC voltage, check the car's electrical system, battery, alternator electrical cables. With the car off the battery voltage needs to be around 12 volts. With the car running, the voltage should be between 13.8 to 14.8 volts. If not, your electrical system may not be charging properly and will need to be repaired.

The tuner power connection should have around the same amount of battery voltage. If the tuner has a big loss of battery power, then check for loose wires or connections. Also look for corrosion at the battery connections. If the connections at the battery do have corrosion, remove the cables and clean off the corrosion from the battery and cables.

The tuner needs to have constant power (+) and ground (-) with the key (car) on or off. If you lose your + or - with the key off, then you will have to check where the + or - is getting disconnected.

The tuner may also have a second switched + wire. The switched + will have power with the key on and no power with the key off, it will depend on the type of tuner you have. Check for proper voltage, power and grounds at the tuner's power connection when the key is off an on. If all does check ok, then it could be a bad tuner or radio.

This has nothing to do with the voltage. Nice try though.

When it says Loading and then goes back to Channel 1, it can be one of two things. No signal (starting the car in the garage for example, or a failing antenna), or the radio was off for an extended period of time and the 'subscription cookie' (for lack of a better simple explanation) expired. Usually this is completely invisible to you, but the radio needs to be constantly updated in order to validate your subscription. If it is off for any long stretch of time (even just several days), it may get more than one update behind, and when this happens, the radio shuts down and you will have to manually refresh it (you didn't specify if it starts working again after it goes to Channel 1). If a refresh doesn't fix it (make sure the car is in the open and the radio on when you do the refresh), then suspect the antenna. I have had a couple antennae go bad and fail to receive a good signal without triggering the CHECK ANTENNA message on the radio.

I am having the same problem, My signal is good and the voltage is ok. when turned on it says loading then finally chnl 1, I go to the channel I want, then more loading after 5 minuters it comes on to the set channel.

I have 2 xm units, the other does like it should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts