Local Channel Set-up

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
Need a little help setting up my new Antenna I'm suppose to get 3 cnannels with this new large antenna, but I'm only getting 1, the installer said I might turn it a little and be able to get the other 2 but I'd have to keep doing that. I'd like to get ABC for the oscars tonight. the setting looks the same on degrees for NBC but thats all i'm getting How do I get into the Voom settings to search for Locals, I didn't see what the installer did with the remote? And do I just turn it to the right a little? zip 32456 Fl.
DTV Antenna
Assignment
* blue - uhf WMBB-DT 13.1 ABC PANAMA CITY FL 357° 36.5 19
* blue - vhf WJHG-DT 7.1 NBC PANAMA CITY FL 356° 42.3 8
* violet - uhf WBIF-DT 51 PAX MARIANNA FL Awaiting FCC Permit 351° 48.3 51
Thanks

Plywodstatebum said:
Need a little help setting up my new Antenna I'm suppose to get 3 cnannels with this new large antenna, but I'm only getting 1, the installer said I might turn it a little and be able to get the other 2 but I'd have to keep doing that. I'd like to get ABC for the oscars tonight. the setting looks the same on degrees for NBC but thats all i'm getting How do I get into the Voom settings to search for Locals, I didn't see what the installer did with the remote? And do I just turn it to the right a little? zip 32456 Fl.
DTV Antenna
Assignment
Thanks
To scan for locals:
press "VOOM" button
press green circular button
press green circular button
select "7. Installer Menu", press "OK"
select "1. Installation Wizard", press "OK"
select "4. Scan Local Channels", press "OK"

Plywodstatebum said:
And do I just turn it to the right a little? zip 32456 Fl.
DTV Antenna
Assignment
Thanks
Well, I'd start by turning it to the right a little anyway. It's kind of hit-and-miss with OTA reception. It doesn't always make sense. Just get up there and keep trying different directions until it works. Good luck. :D It kinda surprises me that you don't get it now with it being so close to your NBC. Maybe they broadcast a weaker signal?

Well since no one seamed to know, I went and got the 2 piece Antenna Booster from Radio Shack. Connected the box 12" from the top of the antenna, I guess I didn't hook it up properly, or the booster dosen't work with Voom running thru the same line, Has anyone else tryed to do this?

I tryed to move the antenna that didn't work, I went and got the Radio Shack 2 piece booster One box goes on the antenna and one other part plugs into the wall behind the TV it has a In and Out cable connection. the cable that runs to the Voom box has a splitter. I tryed to hook up to the main line before it connects to the "T" and that wouldn't let me get the one channel I was getting before, I also tryed to just hook it up with the box on the antenna and it dosen't get the one channel anymore. Has anyone else tryed to connect a booster like this? Can you give me some help please?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)