local channels

jersey

Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
i live in the new york area .i have had voom now for 3 months,and im displeased that i cannot recive my local channels. why cant voom add local channels to their linup.i have had guys come out twice to repair this problem.first antenna didnt recieve anything,second antenna is huge neighbors think im running ham radio service. when i check signal strength it showsgood signal. # of offair channels 40 but i can only watch 3 any info would be great thanks

Welcome, jersey!
Do you know if your antenna has a built-in amplifier?
If so, it is possible that installers used a wrong type of diplexer: the one that doesn't pass voltage to the antenna.

here is the channel linup in digital that came up when i ran the check.

30.1 5.1 41.1 36 48.1 2.1 7.1 24 50.1 4.1 68.1 11.1 66.1
of those i only recieve 2 ,4,7,
i dont think the antenna is amplified,and im not sure it has a diplexer. i have to go on the roof of the house to check the splitters. also the antenna is a huge unit . im wondering if there is anyone else in the area that is knowledgeable i installations besides the guys that voom sends out.im in jersey the guys were from ny

should i call voom and try for another fix. calling them is a pain in the rear.if you call to sign up they respond imediatly but for service you have to wait forever on hold

I would call Voom for an antenna upgrade. Also I would use the antenna.org site before calling and tell Voom which antenna is best in your area. I called Voom to upgrade my antenna and told them I wanted a Channelmaster 4228 and thats what I got!!

first I would bypass the Voom box and go straight into the TV with the OTA cable. do you receiver any OTA that way?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)