Status
Please reply by conversation.

schulmeia

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2010
Mililani, HI
Just got word that some local hawaiian stations may be lost because Directv and the local stations have not yet come to agreement on a new conract. See below my E mail response to their position which is that they are not getting their fair share of what Directv is charging Directv customers for local channels.

If I can get your programming and the your network over the air for free, then why are you charging direvtv anything for re-transmission. It seems to me the more people who watch
your station the better and raise your ratings. You say it is not about money. I say it is only about money. Other local stations do not seem to have a problem with directv. Why do you? You probably do not even realize that directv could care less about the Hawaiian TV market. In fact congress has to specifically require that directv include Hawaii in their satellite coverage before they would permit directv to even exist. They did so but at great expense in equipment and other operating expenses. Now you are crying for MORE MONEY for directv to re-transmit you signal that you broadcast over the air for no charge. What a bunch of B.S.

A.R. Schulmeister

They shouldn't be getting any money!! D* is doing them a big favor by carrying their greedy (free ota) signal)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts