Locals on CONUS

bigoldboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2005
I thought that locals had to be on spotbeams? Seems the new HD locals recently added are all CONUS. Is that going to change, or will they stay CONUS?

Thanks

The 77 sat has all hd conus locals ,but that will change once they replace the satellite up there next summer. The new sat will have spotbeam capacity and I am sure they will move locals to spotbeams so they can use the conus beams for DISH latino channels and other programming.

77 and 61.5 are both slated for new spot beam satellites (61.5 has a spot beam sat now but will be replaced). So, movers will have a year or so to receive CONUS LiLs before they have to come up with another solution.

Any date for 61.5? I sub to Buffalo locals on tp 13 and can seldom receive them.

You can record up to 4 things at at time( 2 sat /2 ota ) if you have the ota module and an ota antenna. So at most you could watch one live program and record 3 things at a time or record 4 things at a time and watch a recorded program in one room and another recorded program in another room, if you are in dual mode.

Ordering Showtime by itself?

AMC HD on...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)