Local's

jlahmeyer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 24, 2007
Richmond, Indiana
Okay, I live in Richmond Indiana and where I live I have a tree across the street that's in the way, so either my choice according to the installer was I could get HD channels or no HD and get locals. I went with HD and no locals. I am getting satellites 61.5, 72.7 and 77.0. I noticed satellite 77.0 has several Indiana and Ohio stations. Will they ever add stations to that satellite the FCC would allow me to get locals? I really don't want an OTA antenna if I could help it.

sounds like you are in the Indy market?

Looking at it only 2 markets are on Eastern Arc and that is South Bend and Evansville. Most markets Dish made a decision to be on one arc (Western Arc being the other). There are markets that are on both and that was due to spotbeam capacity.

I don't see Dish mirroring any new markets (that is to have HD locals on both arcs)

is this tree huge?

Reason I ask is your locals in HD are on 129. You could put up a separate dish just for 129 that has a line of site and tap that into the existing dish you have. That would give you most of your locals in HD. Right now NBC is in a spat with DIsh so its not on there but you'd get
ABC
CBS
FOX
CW
MY
and 3 PBS stations in HD

is this tree huge?

Reason I ask is your locals in HD are on 129. You could put up a separate dish just for 129 that has a line of site and tap that into the existing dish you have. That would give you most of your locals in HD. Right now NBC is in a spat with DIsh so its not on there but you'd get
ABC
CBS
FOX
CW
MY
and 3 PBS stations in HD

That is a good idea for him.. Since Dish is doing so many new hires.. Most of them don't even now to put up a single dish just to get 1 bird. Hell, most of the new hires haven't even seen a single dish. or now how to hook it up..

I did this today...on dish chat. Said my service zip was wrong. Gave them terre haute zip...got them locals. But no abc there...so back to chat I went. I gave them four different zips (trying to get close to lousiville) same rep and all...first three zips she said..they are still terre haute. Finally i just got a lousiville zip...she said...ok u have lousville locals now...lol. I even told her what I was trying 2 do. Lousiville locals are not hd though. My true market is indy..but threy dropped wthr...lol

And each time..i gave them a street # and name...different zip each time. I appreciated there help...and look forward to switchin back when indy deal is fixed. I use to have ota...and could get indy...terre haute..and ky locals. So i dont feel im doing 100% wrong..just using my resources...now they need to let me add several zips...several locals would rock. Be like old times on dish): )

huh? I show these stations as HD in TH (see the link I posted above)
WAWV 20 ABC
WTHI 10 CBS
WTWO 2 NBC
WTHI-DT2 11 FOX
WUSI 16 PBS
WVUT 22 PBS

Hmmm ill try fortwayne friday then : ) i seen that channel list today as well for terra haute. The call letters for the abc one...is now fox with same call letters. From what I read..its a recent change. I seen another post somewhere else...where they where moaning bout no abc in haute,just two foxs. Dish on chat said that 2 today. Im gonna try fort wayne though..so that should be good

I guess why I posted this though...it was suppose to be more of a question. It was easy for me to switch the locals around...that surprising? I went from indy..terra haute to ky in less then an hour...via a false zip code..in which i have no issue with that!! I tried this back in march...but told the rep..that I wanted to try other locals..and was denied. Today was different though...the reps just did it...last rep knew what I was doin. Anyway ur thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts