Local's

Hmmm ill try fortwayne friday then : ) i seen that channel list today as well for terra haute. The call letters for the abc one...is now fox with same call letters. From what I read..its a recent change. I seen another post somewhere else...where they where moaning bout no abc in haute,just two foxs. Dish on chat said that 2 today. Im gonna try fort wayne though..so that should be good

the rep was wrong. The ABC station (WAWV) use to be the Fox affiliate until a year ago when Fox pulled it off Nexstar stations due to a dispute. So the station went back to ABC (they were ABC until 1995)....as to why its on channel 20 I have no clue...edit...before WAWV got the ABC there was no ABC in Terre Haute...Dish piped in channel 20 from Springfield, IL previously so thats probably why
The Fox affiliate went to a subchannel of the CBS station WTHI...The CBS is on channel 10. The Fox affiliate Dish put on channel 11. When Dish adds a subchannel the subchannel usually gets numbered one of 3 ways....usually they will renumber it whatever the station use to use (pre DTV conversion) as their RF station...so as example the Fox subchannel down the road from me in Mankato, MN is on channel 38. They are 12-2 but 38 is what the station use to be on pre-DTV conversion. The 2nd numbering is next door (as in this case) and the 3rd is a random number :)
WTWO is the NBC on channel 2. The company that owns this runs the ABC affiliate

Wow tons of info there : ) idk man...just wasnt on there. Woulda stuck with it,if there had been. Use to do terra haute often on ota, familiar with there newscasters : ) my girl watchs more abc then we do nbc...so...had to find somethin. Im gonna give fortwayne a shot friday though

FT Wayne stations (all in HD...on 119 TP2)

WPTA 21 ABC
WANE 15 CBS
WISE 33 NBC
WFFT 55 IND (Independent...use to be Fox...same reason they left as Terre Haute)
WISE-DT2 56 FOX
WFWA 39 PBS

Wawv is on there, it's That the guide has the FOX logo still instead of ABC. Its abc programming,

It's the same way for the guide on TiVo. I've reported it to dish, as well as tribune who handles the tv guides but never has been fixed

Sent from my iPad3 using SatelliteGuys

I did this today...on dish chat. Said my service zip was wrong. Gave them terre haute zip...got them locals. But no abc there...so back to chat I went. I gave them four different zips (trying to get close to lousiville) same rep and all...first three zips she said..they are still terre haute. Finally i just got a lousiville zip...she said...ok u have lousville locals now...lol. I even told her what I was trying 2 do. Lousiville locals are not hd though. My true market is indy..but threy dropped wthr...lol

Try using a Dayton address and you will get Dayton locals if you have 129 both HD and SD

If you moved to Cincy you should get the HD locals...they are on 77W

When you "move" its instant...or within a couple minutes of moving

You might want them to verify the physical address to make sure they changed it properly

Lately if I "move" anywhere, I've had to call back and get them to change the locals, even if I did an online chat on their website. Otherwise you might end up with the right address, but the wrong city's locals.

Its not been instant. Yesterday took an hour. Tonight took bout five minutes. If dosent work within 10-15 min...get back onto chat do it again. They are always more then happy to fix the zip real quick.i do chat via dish.com...loggin...then support..then chat...for any newbies. Well have fun

Yea I just moved, waited an hour and still nothing. Got back on chat to see what was up and they said 5-10 minutes. It's been 20 and still nothing.

Yea I just moved, waited an hour and still nothing. Got back on chat to see what was up and they said 5-10 minutes. It's been 20 and still nothing.

Try a reboot first and if that doesn't work run a check switch run (unless a hopper). IF that doesn't bring it back you better make sure you have the right dish arc that your new locals are on. For example they are on western arc sats: 110/119/129 and you have eastern arc set up: 61.5/72.7/77 or vice a versa.

Okay, I live in Richmond Indiana and where I live I have a tree across the street that's in the way, so either my choice according to the installer was I could get HD channels or no HD and get locals. I went with HD and no locals. I am getting satellites 61.5, 72.7 and 77.0. I noticed satellite 77.0 has several Indiana and Ohio stations. Will they ever add stations to that satellite the FCC would allow me to get locals? I really don't want an OTA antenna if I could help it.

From the original post my main question is why do you want to avoid an OTA antenna in the first place? If you live in an area where you get good signals off a rooftop antenna (or even attic mounted works in certain situations), this in my opinion is the way to go for the best picture quality and stability of service. I've only been doing satellite and antenna work since 1996 so I may be considered a noob by some of the veterans here, but I have been relying on an OTA for years for my local channels. 129 is weak, 110 and the EA break up during bad weather when you need the local news the most, and most markets I've worked in here (in virginia, I'm not sure if it is nationwide) Dish does not carry all the the sub-channels. Plus if you are in the right spot you can put a rotor on and pick up multiple markets.
z
Only drawback I see to an OTA integrated into a Dish system is if you have a h/j, there is no OTA module.

Question... I know when i was with DTV i could get NYC locals here in Delaware (I'm on the kent/sussex county line).. Made the switch to dish a few weeks ago, could i get them with Dish also? Not sure if i can... Loved getting them with DTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)