location of combiner module?

tpinck

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
We recently had a new hopper along with a new antenna installed in our RV. During the installation the dish was installed on my tripod and 2 lines run to the back of the coach (about 35 feet) where the connector is for the internal lines. At this point a combiner/lighting protector module was installed with the output going to the internal connection, they had to replace the feed thru connector also.

The question is, can I move the combiner to the antenna and only run a single line back to the coach connector? If so, would there be much of a signal degradation and what would be the maximum length I could use?

Yes you can move the node to the dish and use a single line from there, as long as the line can handle 3 GHz. 200ft is the max recommended length.

Boba, yes you are right it is a solo node.
3HaloODST, thank you for that information, it is going to help a lot when I get ready to move.

Watch out for the ferrel/barrel/union for your pass-through panel(s), as they may not be rated 3GHz.
The ones used by Dish have a blue core in them AFAIK. Red core are lower rated 2.2GHz, maybe.
Even though it is only an inch of dielectric it may matter.
-Ken

I checked all the barrel connectors and they are all blue, I expected that as the installer left me a couple. I have moved the Solo Node to the antenna and am using a single lead to the RV and it is working great.

One other quick note, did the installer cap off the other port(top right, labled client)? There should be a silver terminator that looks like a nipple on it. If it's not capped it'll leak signal and may cause issues for you

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

DISHWorld IPTV

My programming tab greyed out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)