Logitech Harmony Timings

jlong27

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2007
Katy, TX
I'm here at work, on lunch break, just wondering how others have programmed the timing settings on their harmony for the 622/722.

I have a 622 and a harmony 890. Sometimes there is a delay when issuing multiple commands. For example when I press the up arrow when browsing the guide it will only go up slowly or only once. Most of the time when I press up it will go up slow at first then start going fast.

Same when skipping ahead. Sometimes if I press skip fwd 3 or 4 times real fast it will skip fast, other times it will only skip 1 or 2 times slowly for 4 presses of the skip forward button.

It's like that for everything, real responsive most of the time then a lag others. Probably 60/40.

I also have an XBOX 360 and I have the timings spot on. The menus are very responsive all the time.

I am also using the Logitech RF extender. The equipment is in the same room and the signal only goes through a cabinet which has all the components in it. The extender and remote are programmed for the highest signal, can't remember exactly what that setting is called at the moment.

I will post the detailed timings when I get home.

Thanks.

My bottom line 520 works perfectly. My gut reaction is that your extender is suspect.

Could be but the xbox is good. Unfortunately my cabinet has solid doors. I really suspect timings though.

I must add that I have an IR dongle or what ever taped to the front of each device. Also I placed the extender in the front of the cabinet. The software is set to broadcast IR from all ports and the receiver it's self. Maybe I should assign the 622 to the specific port?

Don't really know what timings you are talking about. Only one's I'm aware of are for device power on. I have absolutely no timing settings for my 722.

You can set inter device timings and some other timing, I believe there are 3 and one may be power on delay timing.

The problem with the Logitech device library is the settings are put there by end users. Logitech doesn't test and upload settings for devices.

A good example of this is there is a Tivo button listed on the 622.

Did you ever try setting up the 622 as a 722? Don't know it there would be any setting difs between the two.

I haven't. That's a real good idea. I will add it as a second device and compare the timings and settings. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'm also going to try going back to using the remotes IR with the cabinet doors open to see if it is the RF/IR extender. I'll have to wait for the baby to go to bed though!

I don't know about the 890 but for my 520's and 550 I have all of the timings set at ZERO and get instant results when using the remotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)