Longstanding Problem..

ringo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
..that has finally irritated me enough to complain about since it seems to be happeneing more and more.

I have this setup for a year now and almost since the start, I have had a problem with the program resetting to the preview channel while recording. It displays the proper channel number but says 'preview channel' in the channel description and that is what it is recording. I only record one channel (116) and the machine that it is installed on does nothing but record XM and play video for my whole house video distribution system. I am running the most recent version.

I have also had a problem with the program taking literally minutes to start.

Any ideas?

What hardware are you using and what software version are you using?

There have been a lot of reports about the original PCR product basically 'losing' its activated status from XM. In that case, users have reported that power cycling both their computers and the PCR unit tends to fix the problem.

How often does it happen?

Now, to the second part - again, it matters what version of TimeTrax/Recast you are using. Once the application loads up, it gets to work doing an initial data load (and checking its work by running that process a second time). While the system is doing this, you won't be able to record and it can be a little tricky to change channels. You should be getting music.

If it says 'waiting for channels to load' when you experience the delay, then it is probably normal, if it is before that point, we should dig a little deeper and we'll find out why you are experiencing that delay.

David
Time Trax

I am using it on a Dell SX270 running a Celereon 2.8ghz with 512mb of ram...XP with SP2.

The time trax box itself has the serial number of 1100950.

It happens every day now... and as to the boot, it took a full 4 minutes from when I clicked on the icon to start the program to when I saw anything on the screen. I decided to update again and then realized that the version that I have been running is 3.2. When one installs the new recast program, the icon on the desktop doesn't automatically point to the new program....so even though I installed the new program, I was still running the old one.

I will let you know if it bounces back to the preview channel again. The boot happened a great deal faster so maybe that is taken care of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)