look for big bhn news soon

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i don't have any details but i hope to have news about bhn cell phone service in a day or two. rumor has it the service is being released monday! i'm probably the only person here who might be semi-excited about this.

I hope it really is big news and not a priced-along-with-the-pack offering.

It's gotta be better in some big way to grab business (or priced way lower), and I don't think being able to control your DVR from the football game will do it.

me too. anyhow, since i requested months ago that i wanted notification when this was going to happen, i've been told details should be forthcoming.....hopefully, either tomorrow or thursday. will keep you posted.

if their pricing plan is similar to the ones i saw for cox, i could be happy with a minimal plan of 200 minutes for 29.95. i like the idea i can access road runner and/or my home phone from the cell phone. and since i now have sateliite, i really don't care about mobile television!

still haven't received specifics yet..............i will see if i can put a bug in someone's ear about nfl network........unless, of course, steve's iquana has info!!!:)

okay, finally got an email but it was late wednesday and it was basically training was over....what specific info did i want to receive? i indicated pricing, plans and phones available.

The neat thing is youll have the ability to call ANY BHN Phone customer and not use plan minutes. So thats a plus to call home if you have BHN Digital Phone, They will not have the "Take your Number" option available right away (meaning your home phone becomes your cell when your out and your home phone when your home) at least last I heard.

Also the phones to choose from are basicly all your enhanced SPrint phones. They are pushing big the Video streaming services, which will cost around 15$ for unlimited data.

okay, i got the info last nite and i will have to figure out how to post.

what i like: the ability to link your home phone with your cell phone, including voicemail and the fact there is unlimited calling between the two, without using your regular plan minutes.

basic voice plan starts at $33 for 200 minutes and $48 for the voice plus, which i believe includes text messaging and bhn mobile. from what i've read at cox, and this may be different for bhn (need to ask more questions), it would include the weather channel, espn, cnn and a few more. also, its hard for me to tell whether this feature would work (even after paying the extra 15 bucks a month) if you don't have bhn cable at home, which, of course, i don't anymore.

i also believe you can access your road runner from the cell phone, as well.

no mention yet about accessing your dvr from the cell phone.

as i said, i need to ask a few questions for myself. if any of you have specifics, please let me know and i will attempt to find out!

okay, service is underway and info about pivot is now available at the central florida bhn website. haven't checked tampa area yet. maybe, someone over that way could confirm?

quick question if I may, i honestly have no credit ( I never bothered with credit) does bhn still gives you the service of the wireless cellphone if you already have a bhn account or you gotta have credit in order to benefit this newer service from bhn? cause i noticed a 2 year contract and stuff, any info would b great, thanks

here's what i know right now......you need, at least, one bhn service to sign up for the cell phone service. there are no activation fees or deposits and i'm being told, the cell phone service would be offered in a bundle.....although, i haven't seen bundle pricing yet.

bhn does the billing and customer support. you do not deal with sprint at all (unless, like me, you have an old account needing to be paid off, first). if you call sprint, they will see you are a customer and refer you to bhn.

does that help razor?

here's what i know right now......you need, at least, one bhn service to sign up for the cell phone service. there are no activation fees or deposits and i'm being told, the cell phone service would be offered in a bundle.....although, i haven't seen bundle pricing yet.

bhn does the billing and customer support. you do not deal with sprint at all (unless, like me, you have an old account needing to be paid off, first). if you call sprint, they will see you are a customer and refer you to bhn.

does that help razor?

i appreciate the info, im not a big cellphone user, so the packages i noticed seems to be a good deal for me, i use metropcs and it has been a great company for me,but i sometimes go out of town and i cant use the metro p, network, with pivot or w/e it is, i can take anywhere outside of town/state....

so i hope they offer me the service just by adding it to my account or part of a package like u mentioned...

i have everything bhn has to offer, including the 15.0 down and 2.0 up:cool: internet speeds....I pay like 180 a month lol (2 hddvr boxes,1 digital) and all premiums, but it is WELL worth it, bhn has been awesome to me, picture quality has been top notch since i moved here 2 something years ago from nj...:D:)

and i live in saint petersburg/tampabay area... so im guessing the service is also available? or only bhn central fl?

no, razor, i double checked and saw pivot wireless listed on bhn tampa site, as well!

as far as i know, you should have no trouble adding pivot to your other services. still can't give you any specific bundle pricing yet. however, if you do add the service, inquire if bhn is offering any 12 month bundle promos. i hear through the grapevine that might be a possibility!:)

no, razor, i double checked and saw pivot wireless listed on bhn tampa site, as well!

as far as i know, you should have no trouble adding pivot to your other services. still can't give you any specific bundle pricing yet. however, if you do add the service, inquire if bhn is offering any 12 month bundle promos. i hear through the grapevine that might be a possibility!:)

Thanks again, I will definitely call and see whats up and decide what to do...i shall update you guys with info if i happen to get it...

razor, i may have made a mistake. i thought i had seen pivot listed on the bhn tampa site but i just double checked and didn't see anything. i was looking in a hurry the other nite and i guess my eyes played tricks on me. i am sorry.

i would be curious if you find out anything. i'm also trying to find out more info on bundle pricing!

update info for you razor........tampa does not have pivot yet but i'm being told very soon. the bundle pricing hasn't been posted yet. and i can't quote you my price because i'm in a holding pattern. i have to pay the rest of my old debt to sprint on payday, then bhn can complete my cell phone order!

update info for you razor........tampa does not have pivot yet but i'm being told very soon. the bundle pricing hasn't been posted yet. and i can't quote you my price because i'm in a holding pattern. i have to pay the rest of my old debt to sprint on payday, then bhn can complete my cell phone order!

k thanks...im "patient":smug lol, so whenever the service is around here i will check it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)