Looking for new DVB software

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
I've been using MyTheatre for a few years. It has served me well. But it is no longer being updated. The hardware I'm wanting to use is not supported and some modulations. I do very much like the seamless intergration of an ATSC tuner with DVB-S tuners in MyTheatre. I also use USALS and cascading DiSEqC switches. I have not found another program that can do all this. Is anyone aware of software that can intergrate ATSC tuners with DVB?
DD 1.4i doesn't seem to be able to do USALS, even though there are settings for it. The newer pay version does, but do I want to buy this?

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
Have you checked out Dvbviewer? I too used MyTheatre for years but am a Dvbviewer/Transedit convert. In the Dvbviewer hardware section under tuner types they list cable, satellite, ATSC, terrestial and dvb-iptv. Being a German software those standards may be different than in NA so you need to do some research to make sure it will work for you, I use it only for satellite so can't help there. Usals works, like everything else it depends on what card you are using...how well it works. I'm pretty sure the Skywalkers work with Dvbviewer,the Prof cards do for sure, you can check at the Dvbviewer site and on their forum.

DRCars

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2010
Southern USA
@Magic Static:

SichboPVR claims to have support for both DVB-S/S2/8PSK and ATSC. It is very much a work in progress though. Price is right = free. I couldn't get my ATSC (Pinnacle USB) to work though. It did at first, but they seem to have broken it the last time I tried the program :(. I have no idea how well it handles Diseqc switching.

DVB Viewer does integrate the ATSC with DVB nicely. It ain't free though, but neither is/was MyTheatre. And using TransEdit alongside for scanning seems a little kludgey to me but it works. Also, DVB Viewer doesn't show signal quality like MyTheatre does on my DVBWorld USB (only signal level) and doesn't scan in AC3 audio on many channels, but the APID can be manually entered. It has quite a different look compared to MyTheatre. It took me a while to get used to it. If it had a quality meter and scanned AC3 audio right I would probably quit using MyTheatre.

BTW, what modulation(s) are you missing with MyTheatre? There is a DVB-S2/8PSK/h.264 beta available (MyTheatre 4 Beta 11). As far as hardware goes MT "should" support any card with BDA driver (latest version).

DRCars

Last edited:

Magic Static

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 12, 2010
Montana
MT is missing QPSK Turbo fec 5/6 for the Genpix tuners Also doesn't like my Prof7500. I figure an update for MT is needed to correct these issues. But as usual I may be wrong;)

I notice MT does not show signal quality/strength with the SkyWalkers.

zamar23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 5, 2009
Mid West
Also look at using Windows 7 Media Center with DVBLink TVSource from DVBLogic. Channel switching is blazing fast with DVBLink & WMC, and it seamlessly integrates into WMC7 and with its TV Guide for all tuner types, making an attractive PVR and network streaming solution. You can also control a motor with DVBLink via Raw DiSEqC commands linked to each sat position in your Sat Positions Table. You can look in MT or other Sat Viewer for exact raw commands required - they need to be entered only once at DVBLink setup. WMC supports ATSC, NTSC, QAM and Sat tuners itself, but support for some Sat Tuner models without DVBLink is limited.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)