Looking For Parts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

govikes

Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
I have a second hand dish that is probably 10 years old. It is grey metal and is 1.2 meters. It looks like it may be an old Patriot, but there are absolutely no markings on it. To get to the point, my LNB holder broke and I can't find a replacement. I am currently on deployment in Iraq, and my family (and dish) are at my parent duty station in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, making this all the more difficult. I've attached a picture of the LNB holder, and the support arm that the holder slides into (it's secured by a single screw on the bottom)(on the next post because I can only upload one pic per post). I'm waiting for my wife to send me a picture of the entire dish, but thought I'd throw this out now to see if anyone has an idea as to where I can get this part. Thanks.

Attachments

• LNB HOLDER.JPG
    LNB HOLDER.JPG
    960.4 KB · Views: 147
Looking For Parts Part 2

Here is the support bar that holds the holder.

Attachments

• LNB HOLDER SUPPORT ARMS.JPG
    LNB HOLDER SUPPORT ARMS.JPG
    806.3 KB · Views: 144
well we know of a place that has parts :)
i don't know if they will fit but you can call and ask . i know they have channel master dish parts.

dow electronics if you are in or close to the florida area you can look them up or call

another place Sadoun
has a lnb holder but its for a c-band lnbf it would require an insert to adapt your current lnbf

the cheapest method would be to adapt a conduit hanger to be the holder

Prob just do a little metal fabricating and fix that, like the man said, piece of conduit could prob be fashioned to hold the lnbf, or maybe fastened to your old clamp. Getting it back inthe same position to the focal length would be the only critical part of that fix.
One more place you might like to check is Fort Smith - Van Buren Arkansas Hobby Shop Store
He has some parts for dishes too. That almost looks like a primestar 84e lnb-arm. Good luck to ya over there!!!

I have a second hand dish that is probably 10 years old. It is grey metal and is 1.2 meters. It looks like it may be an old Patriot, but there are absolutely no markings on it. To get to the point, my LNB holder broke and I can't find a replacement. I am currently on deployment in Iraq, and my family (and dish) are at my parent duty station in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, making this all the more difficult. I've attached a picture of the LNB holder, and the support arm that the holder slides into (it's secured by a single screw on the bottom)(on the next post because I can only upload one pic per post). I'm waiting for my wife to send me a picture of the entire dish, but thought I'd throw this out now to see if anyone has an idea as to where I can get this part. Thanks.

This is a foreign (maybe Taiwan dish maker) made KU dish holder back to 6 or 7 years ago, as long as I remember Taipei International (one of the chinese programmer) did handle this type of dish.

Don't know which part broke, but can be modify anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)