Looks like Broadcast Channels Fees will be going up

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Reactions: ncted
32% sounds low? Each one of them have dozens of channels they force on us. Or is that just our local affiliates?

32% sounds low? Each one of them have dozens of channels they force on us. Or is that just our local affiliates?
Just the Broadcast, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC.

So 4 channels is over 30% of your bill, but they are the ones who attract the most, but dwindling, audience.

So glad Dish breaks the locals out as a separate package.
When Comcast started Broadcast Channel /RSN Fees, with no option to not get thsoe channels and avoid the fee, started me on the path to cord cutting.

Just the Broadcast, ABC, FOX, CBS, NBC.

So 4 channels is over 30% of your bill, but they are the ones who attract the most, but dwindling, audience.
Well, they probably get the majority of the viewership, but it would also include PBS, CW, Univision, ION, etc. if available in your market.

Well, they probably get the majority of the viewership, but it would also include PBS, CW, Univision, ION, etc. if available in your market.
I doubt those get much, if any, especially compared to the big four.

I doubt those get much, if any, especially compared to the big four.
Yes, but maybe they don't get as little as you might think. Just a couple of things to consider: Univision is going to get lots of viewership in areas with high Spanish-speaking populations, and the CW has just started getting into the sports business now that they are showing ACC games. Anyway, my point was just that people were getting more than just the big 4 in the Broadcast Fee, if that is even where the money goes with some of these cable companies.