Looks like Equity is down

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I live in springfield, MO which has a MyNetworkTV Equity Station. It is currently out of service even on directv. I'm assuming they are having a system wide failure.

That is a good question.

The OTA stations would more than likely still operate because of recorded programming, or another source directly from the networks. The aftermarket OTA stations that require an uplink and downlink would not be working.

If someone in the after-market areas could tell us if they are still on that would give some clue.

I would even be interested in finding out if the OTA stations were working. I have been planning on putting up an OTA antenna, just haven't gotten around to it yet. St. Louis has an OTA RTN station.

Retro Television's website is gone as well. (or at least it's down for the moment)
Checking on Whois for the site's current status, it shows to be active. (expires in November 2007) So, I would be willing to bet that the big storms that hit a lot of areas did some damage to their facilities. (hope that that is it and that they are back up soon!!)
grusome

"Galaxy 10R, which operates over the Pacific Ocean at 123 west longitude, will be replaced in early to mid 2007 with Galaxy 17, under construction at Alcatel Space of Paris." http://www.space.com/spacenews/archive04/panamsatarch_082404.html
Stefan, I was just throwing one guess out there. I'd much rather see these stations pop back up where they were.
Linuxman summed our options up nicely. Wait a bit to see if it clears up. If not, start scanning.

I took a look with my spectrum analyzer and there's a carrier at 11800 that appears to be QPSK at the same symbol rate as before. While I was looking somekind of signal popped back up at 11720 but I'm unable to lock it. I'm guessing they're working on getting things back up and running, but haven't quite got all their equipment properly configured yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)