Looks Like Lin is back!

Not long till they go dark... won't miss Fox, Losing CBS guide to "Digital Service" is going to suck ;) (no guide info OTA)

If they go dark we will lose the guide data?

I will lose both Fox and CBS from E* but get them with my OTA. Funny thing is that I tested using the UHF Remote Antenna and received both my local LIN media channels. They want so much more money when I can use a simple dollar wire antenna to get the channels for free.

I will miss being able to record two channels at the same time, but I can live with that and be really happy knowing Lin Media does not get more money for a free service. If I miss a show there is alway bittorrent :)

With a cheap OTA you can get Providence and Boston channels. I am in South Attleboro and using an indoor antenna and get all the Providence channels. In the next few weeks I am having a guy come down an install an OTA outside as a backup during bad storms and contract issues.

Same here WPRI and WNAC still on the air in the Providence, RI market. Even if they stay on E* I will switch my timers to the Boston channels via OTA. I know it will not really make a difference, but it makes me feel good. Plus, the local news is in HD :)

Many people will be moving tomorrow.

why would that be? Unless your toilet is in the outhouse, it costs too much to bring electricity to your property, and you have to go to the nearby stream or river for water, I don't see why losing a network programming channel or two would cause you to ditch DISH for another provider. Unlike the egotistic idiots at LIN would like you to believe, I bet most people buy cable or satellite packages primarily for the national channels, not because they value their locals.

Instead of recording local network programming on my DVR in DISHcr**tacular quality, I record my FOX and CBS (the ones affected by LIN blackout) on my PC with an offair antenna/tuner for later viewing -- or go "revisit" the episode of most programs by going to fox or cbs websites.

Will be making the call to DirecTV tomorrow or Monday. Sorry Dish, regardless of whether this is your fault or not (I know LIN plays hardball, they did it with TWC too), you no longer offer the channel that carries our favorite shows, nor the channel that carries our favorite hockey team. Had your service for awhile now, but it's no longer worth it (especially seeing as how DirecTV is the exact same price per month)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts