Looks like Pete Rose hits a new low......

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Yup old Charlie Hustle hits a new low....he has a "reality" show called "Pete Rose...Hits and Mrs" (about Pete and his new fiancee who is about 20 years younger). apparently there are 6 episodes and they started this week (I happen to stumble upon it late at night)

Its on TLC....the channel that brings you such hits as
-Little People Big World (about the dwarf family)
-Honey Boo Boo (a overweight kid who is in beauty pageants and stars her hick redneck family)
-Sister Wives (about a polygamist)
-Extreme Couponing....(where people spend 40 hours a week cutting coupons and 12 hours in the store so they can get 200 toothbrushes for free)

Remember when TLC meant "The LEARNING channel?".....well then again MTV use to mean MUSIC Television ;)

I forgot that I had it on my dvr list.

I laughed my ass off!!
Charlie Hustle means something new:)

By the second of the show's six episodes, "Hits & Mrs." becomes a full-on appeal for current Commissioner Bud Selig to lift the suspension and make Rose eligible for Cooperstown. Rose says repeatedly that he knows he erred and that you can't live in the past. At the same time, he is clearly haunted by not having a plaque in the Hall of Fame, so much so that I'm surprised TLC didn't just call the show "Here Comes Money Boo Boo."

'Pete Rose: Hits & Mrs.' review: A miss

I saw it listed and .... just wasn't interested ....

Fwiw, I was a HUGE Pete Rose fan in his playing days !

Me too. I recorded it, but just can't bring myself to watch it yet.

Remember when Pete Rose was a key part of the "Big Red Machine"? When he was married to Carolyn and they named a street for him in Cincinnati? Sigh....how far the mighty have fallen.

I hadn't thought about this before, but I am now adding Pete Rose to my list of players who incurred unnatural body shape transformations during their careers...

Me too. I recorded it, but just can't bring myself to watch it yet.

Don't... Pete Rose is a walking circus act. I saw some of it skirting by and it's bad TV by a guy that was never liked as a human being in the 1st place. Pete has ALWAYS been a sales man...selling himself. This has gone BEYOND that....

I always respected his baseball ability, but after he ran over Ray Fosse in the All Star game I lost all respect for him.

I'm not a big Pete Rose fan but his crash into Fosse was clean. No spikes, no head butting, no poking him in the eye or elsewhere.

I'm not a big Pete Rose fan but his crash into Fosse was clean. No spikes, no head butting, no poking him in the eye or elsewhere.

Clean? It was an All Star game! Not even the thugs in the NHL play dirty in the ASG like they do in the regular season.

Baseball was the only sport that had a real All-Star game, at least, until it was decided that every selected player had to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts