Losing picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

repcmm

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
texas
New to Directv after having Dish for 10yrs. Had install last Tuesday and every once in awhile when I change channels the screen will go black and TV says no input. Genie is on but seems like it is locked up. If I turn Genie off then back on picture comes back. It doesn't happen a lot, but just a little annoying. Any ideas?

New to Directv after having Dish for 10yrs. Had install last Tuesday and every once in awhile when I change channels the screen will go black and TV says no input. Genie is on but seems like it is locked up. If I turn Genie off then back on picture comes back. It doesn't happen a lot, but just a little annoying. Any ideas?

You may try checking the TV Resolutions under Settings and then Display. It seems mine does better if I only select 1080i and 1080p, assuming of course you have a HDTV.

Reactions: repcmm
Sounds like a handshake issue with the HDMI ...
Try changing your Native setting and see if that helps any ...
I have this happen when I turn the system On, for a split second but only when its first turned on.
I know the reason though, its due to the amount of time I have my remote set to turn things on.

Changed resolution to 1080i/1080p only and turned native off. So far no problems, but haven't watched much TV since change. I did notice it happened a couple of time when I switched to encore or non HD channel. Hopefully these changes will work.

Changed resolution to 1080i/1080p only and turned native off. So far no problems, but haven't watched much TV since change. I did notice it happened a couple of time when I switched to encore or non HD channel. Hopefully these changes will work.

Did it do that with encore or non HD channel after you made the changes to the settings?

Played around with switching from HD to encore and non HD and so far no problems. Hopefully that fixed it
Thank y'all for the help. New to Direct and learning all the new stuff, I just could not pass on the unlimited data offer from AT&T.
I do miss Dish but I will survive, I don't watch a ton of TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)