Lost ONN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
For the last several days, I have completely lost all signal on Ohio News Network..Usually when RTN is weakest, ONN is as well..RTN is the same as usual, sometimes in and out with breakups, but I have a total black screen with ONN. I am not far from their Columbus base, so weather isnt a factor..

Also, while I am at it, I havent been able to get KFTL lately..When I Input 11891/1666 I get a signal but either the screen says, "invalid parameter" or on TP scan when I try to edit it reverts back to the previous transponder..Thanks for any help..

Edit:This is on a Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver

Last edited:
My ONN is still quite strong in Michigan. Q of about 58 on a Merc II which has a pixelation point of under 30.
The KFTL issue might be solvable by entering a higher symbol rate, like 4379 , and if it accepts that, then go back in and edit to the correct value. I think that's what I had to do with a Visionsat 200 at one time.
:)

ONN is coming in for me.I'm in ohio.. SBS 6(74w), 11733H , 6616 SRate, Auto.. is where i get it at.. 52% SQ on my captiveworks 700s..

For the last several days, I have completely lost all signal on Ohio News Network..Usually when RTN is weakest, ONN is as well..RTN is the same as usual, sometimes in and out with breakups, but I have a total black screen with ONN. I am not far from their Columbus base, so weather isnt a factor..

Also, while I am at it, I havent been able to get KFTL lately..When I Input 11891/1666 I get a signal but either the screen says, "invalid parameter" or on TP scan when I try to edit it reverts back to the previous transponder..Thanks for any help..

Edit:This is on a Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver

Still good here as well, Tim. Check your dish alignment and connections for your cables. Don't forget to turn the receiver off first.

Gordy

(RADAR)

small update:
I was finally able to add the KFTL transponder after deleting another transponder on 72W..Just got home from work, so I'll look at the connections in the morning..

what receiver?

some have transponder overload when there have been too many blind scans. Result is the receiver goes realk wacky

Fortec & Pansat are notorious for that

possible transponder overload

start and remove some transponders that dont ever have channels like them like a data TP or ones that change all the time because of news feeds. That should cure it

or if you are KU Only, remove all the C-Band transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.