Lost signal AND OTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

penguinmike87

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
We have an HR10-250 HD receiver with two satellite inputs and an OTA antenna input, along with two other non HD receivers. This problem is common to everything.

Last night, we had a thunderstorm during which we lost signal. That, I could accept, as it wasn't the first time. The signal eventually returned. Now, this morning, it is gone again, despite the fact we have only a light drizzle. So I called D* and we went through all their troubleshooting, and it didn't fix it. So they are sending a tech out, but they won't be here until Wednesday (great customer service, right?), despite the fact I am a 12-year subscriber. Anyone got any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Now for the other issue that really has be ticked off. We receive our local channels OTA. But we are unable to even watch them because the box keeps searching for satellites when it reboots. it doesn't find any, so it will not allow me to go into "Watch Live TV" on the menu. All it will let me do is watch recored things. Does anyone know of any workaround to what seems to me to be a horrendous programming mistake? I mean, I am getting the OTAs just fine, I assume. But I can't figure out a way to watch them.

Did you power off the unit completely? Let it sit and disconnect the sat lines and OTA line? Wait at least 30-60 seconds.

If that does not work, then the multi-switch on the dish problably got fried. Or water logged. Either way, you can not get programming guide info without a sat signal. Did you try any other lines in the house?

Did you power off the unit completely? Let it sit and disconnect the sat lines and OTA line? Wait at least 30-60 seconds.

If that does not work, then the multi-switch on the dish problably got fried. Or water logged. Either way, you can not get programming guide info without a sat signal. Did you try any other lines in the house?

Yep, powered it down and disconnected the lines. And all lines are messed up to all the TVs, so it's definitely a signal issue.

UPDATE: Now the drizzle has stopped and it is starting to acquire info, so it wouldn't seem like the multi-switch is fried, either. I am wondering if maybe when it gets wet out, a branch on a tree gets weighed down and drops into the line of sight. We have a very narrow window through some trees.

If you are not getting signal on 101 which is the easiest, then something is blocking or the dish is out of alignment. Have D* come out and upgrade your dish to a 5 LNB for the future. It should be free and see if you can get a free receiver like the HR20 if you want. You dont even have to have HD yet to enjoy the packages. The unit downgrades HD signals which in my opinion look better then SD ones on the same analog TV. You may have to move the location of the dish if thats the real issue.

We have an HR10-250 HD receiver with two satellite inputs and an OTA antenna input, along with two other non HD receivers. This problem is common to everything.

Last night, we had a thunderstorm during which we lost signal. That, I could accept, as it wasn't the first time. The signal eventually returned. Now, this morning, it is gone again, despite the fact we have only a light drizzle. So I called D* and we went through all their troubleshooting, and it didn't fix it. So they are sending a tech out, but they won't be here until Wednesday (great customer service, right?), despite the fact I am a 12-year subscriber. Anyone got any thoughts on what might be the problem?

Now for the other issue that really has be ticked off. We receive our local channels OTA. But we are unable to even watch them because the box keeps searching for satellites when it reboots. it doesn't find any, so it will not allow me to go into "Watch Live TV" on the menu. All it will let me do is watch recored things. Does anyone know of any workaround to what seems to me to be a horrendous programming mistake? I mean, I am getting the OTAs just fine, I assume. But I can't figure out a way to watch them.

Your LNB has been fried if you check the TPs come out 0 on all tps. But at least you can watch local from your OTA antenna line, disconnect the antenna line in cable from receiver and connect it to your TV's antenna input.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

D*'s alleged "false advertising"

AU9 Slimline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)