Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Lots of news from Sling TV today!

- Debuted new single-stream and multi-stream services

o The Beta multi-stream service has exited beta and is now “Sling Blue,” and is available for $25 per month for new customers.

o The single-stream service is now “Sling Orange” and remains $20 per month.

o For more information on the launch of Sling Orange and Sling Blue, see our news release.

- Introduced multi-service discount

o Subscribers who choose to get both Sling Orange and Sling Blue will receive a $5 multi-service discount, for a total of $40 per month.

- Added NBC networks channels across Sling Blue

o New channels include NBC locals (select markets), USA, Bravo, NBC Sports Network, Syfy and more.

o For more information on the launch of new NBCUniversal channels, see our news release and blog.

- Added BBC networks across both Sling Orange and Sling Blue

o Sling Orange and Sling Blue core packages now include BBC America.

o World News Extra for both Sling Orange and Sling Blue now have BBC World News.

o For more information on the launch of BBC networks, visit our blog.

- Simplified pricing for Sling Latino services

o All Sling Latino packages are now available as standalone packages for $10 per month and customers who subscribe to Best of Spanish TV may add any regional Sling Latino pack for $5 more per month.

- Launched new regional CARIBE pack for Sling Latino

o CARIBE features popular content from Cuba, Puerto Rico and coming soon, the Dominican Republic. CARIBE includes CUBAMAX TV and WAPA América and is available today for $10 per month when purchased as a standalone package, or for $5 per month when added to a Sling Orange, Sling Blue or Best of Spanish TV package.

o For more information on the launch of new CARIBE, see our news release and blog (Spanish).

For a complete channel lineup comparison between Sling Orange and Sling Blue services and Extras, view the PDF from the Sling TV newsroom.

Reactions: cg2056
Sling TV Debuts New Single-Stream and Multi-Stream Services; Launches NBC, USA, Bravo, Syfy, NBC Sports Network, BBC America and More
Release Date:
Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:58 am MDT
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • “Sling Blue” multi-stream service to feature NBC, USA, Bravo, Syfy, BBC America, BBC World News and more; priced at $25 per month
  • “Sling Orange” single-stream service now includes BBC America and BBC World News; remains $20 per month
  • Purchase Sling Orange + Sling Blue, save $5 for a total of $40 per month
  • On-demand content for NBC channels expected to be available soon
  • Sling TV now offers more than 100 channels
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE [5])--Sling TV [6] unveiled new single-stream and multi-stream services, “Sling Orange” and “Sling Blue.” Sling Orange now includes BBC America and is still priced at $20 per month. Sling Blue now features NBC, USA, Bravo, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), Syfy, BBC America and costs $25 per month for new customers. In addition, Sling has introduced a multi-service discount that brings Sling Orange and Sling Blue together for $40 per month. Additional NBCUniversal networks are available in Sling Blue’s Extra packs, including E!, CNBC, MSNBC, Oxygen, Golf and NBCUniverso.

“Consumers now have more than 100 channels to choose from as they customize their ideal television experience,” said Roger Lynch, CEO, Sling TV. “With our new multi-service option and NBC Universal programming, Sling is one of the few pay-TV options where value continues to improve.”

Sling TV Pricing Updates
Introduced as a “beta” service in April, Sling TV’s multi-stream service, Sling Blue, is now priced at $25 per month. Customers who signed up during the beta phase will receive the additional channels found in Sling Blue and their price will remain $20 per month with their current subscription.

The single-stream service, Sling Orange, remains priced at $20 per month.

Sling TV Programming Updates
Sling Orange and Sling Blue

• Sling Orange and Sling Blue core services now include BBC America. For more information on BBC America, visit blog.sling.com [7].
Sling Blue

• Sling Blue (multi-stream) is available to new customers for $25 per month and includes local NBC (for select markets), USA, Bravo, NBCSN and Syfy.
  • Sling Blue customers will have access to live, local NBC broadcast stations in the following 10 markets: Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Hartford, Conn., Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego and Washington D.C. Access to on-demand programming will be available in a later update.
  • Regional Sports Networks for select markets (Comcast SportsNet: California, Bay Area, Chicago and Mid-Atlantic) coming soon.
  • Sling TV expects to add local content from NBC affiliates in the future on a market-by-market basis.
Sling Blue Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Blue Extras, each priced at $5 per month:

• “Sports Extra” (New Extra Pack) – Golf Channel joins beIN Sports, Outside TV and Univision Deportes
  • “Lifestyle Plus Extra” – E!, Oxygen and Vibrant TV join VH1, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE tv and LMN
  • “World News Extra” – BBC World News, CNBC and MSNBC join HLN, euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24/7 and RT Network
  • “Best of Spanish TV” – NBCUniverso joins 24 other Spanish and bilingual channels
  • All other Extras for Sling Blue remain unchanged
Sling Orange Extra Packs
Sling TV launched new networks across its Sling Orange Extras, each priced at $5 per month:

• “Lifestyle Plus Extra” – Vibrant TV joins VH1, BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE tv and LMN
  • “World News Extra” – BBC World News joins HLN, euronews, France 24, News18, NDTV 24x7, Fusion and RT Network
For a full list of Sling Orange and Sling Blue channel lineups, including Extras, visit http://news.sling.com/document-library/sling-tv-beta-multi-stream-service-channels [8].

Additional Sling TV updates
In addition to the Sling Orange and Sling Blue updates, Sling TV also made changes to its Spanish-language programming and packaging, “Best of Spanish TV.” For more information about these changes, visit blog.sling.com [9].

Sling Latino Launches New CARIBE Pack; NBCUniverso Joins ‘Best of Spanish TV’
Release Date:
Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:33 am MDT
Terms:
Dateline City:
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.
  • Sling TV first to launch region-specific Latino packages
  • CARIBE, focusing on Caribbean content, features programming from CUBAMAX TV and WAPA América, now available for $10/mo. as a standalone service
  • NBCUniverso joins $10/mo. ‘Best of Spanish TV’
  • Multi-service discount available for all Sling Latino packages
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE [5])--Sling Latino announced the launch of a new CARIBE regional programming pack, featuring novelas, movies, comedies, variety shows, children’s programming and music videos from Cuba, Puerto Rico and coming soon, the Dominican Republic. Sling Latino also debuted pricing and packaging changes across its Spanish-language service.

“We continue to improve the consumer experience by launching region-specific programming and simplifying our pricing across Sling Latino,” said Jose Romero, general manager of marketing, Sling Latino. “Our CARIBE regional package is the first of its kind and an important step toward delivering the most diverse, flexible and affordable programming anywhere.”

Sling Latino Pricing Updates

Today, Sling Latino simplified the pricing of its packages:

• “Best of Spanish TV” (formerly “Paquete Total”), “Colombia” and “España” are now each $10 per month as standalone packages or $5 per month when combined with a “Sling Orange” (single-stream service) or “Sling Blue” (multi-stream service) subscription.
  • Customers who subscribed to “Deportes Extra” or “Películas and Novelas Extra” will now receive more channels at no additional cost with the Best of Spanish TV package.
  • Sling Latino also introduced multi-service discounts. Customers subscribing to Best of Spanish TV can add any Sling Latino regional pack for $5 more per month. Additionally, customers subscribing to Sling Orange or Sling Blue can add any Sling Latino standalone package to their service for $5 more per month.
Sling Latino Programming Updates

CARIBE is available today for $10 per month when purchased as a standalone package, and is available for $5 per month when added to Best of Spanish TV, Sling Orange or Sling Blue services. Sling Latino will expand its regional package offerings in the coming months. For more information on channels included in CARIBE, visit blog.sling.com [6].

Sling Latino also expanded its Best of Spanish TV lineup to include NBCUniverso, in addition to programming currently available from AZ Cinema, AZ Clic, Azteca, Azteca Corazón, BabyTV, Bandamax, beIN Sports, beIN Sports en Español, Cbeebies, Cine Sony, Cinelatino, De Película, De Película Clásico, ESPN Deportes (single-stream only), FOROtv, Galavisión, NTN24, Pasiones, Telefórmula, Telehit, TeLe-Romantica, UniMás, Univision, Univision Deportes and Univision tlnovelas.

Additional Sling TV updates

In addition to the Sling Latino CARIBE launch and new pricing, Sling TV also made changes to its single-stream and multi-stream services, now Sling Orange and Sling Blue:

• The Sling TV Beta multi-stream service has exited beta and is now available to new customers as “Sling Blue” for $25 per month.
  • Customers who signed up during the beta phase will receive the additional channels found in Sling Blue and their price will remain $20 per month with their current subscription.
  • Sling TV’s single-stream service, now called Sling Orange, remains priced at $20 per month.
Sling TV also debuted NBCUniversal and BBC America networks across its Sling Orange and Sling Blue services. For more information about these changes, visit blog.sling.com [7].

Still need a Dvr function . I don't watch anything live except news.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I'm almost surprised that there are enough people in this country who would still be willing to watch all live TV with commercials to make it worth Dish's efforts and startup costs to launch such a service as Sling TV without an ability to zap or fast-forward through commercials. But then again, I was just in my neighbor's home today. Both he and his wife make way more money than I do, but they have only a non-DVR cable box hooked up to their living room TV, and I know he only subs to the econo cable package (he's complained about not getting ESPN so he can watch major sporting events).

Eventually it'll be just like a regular cable/sat package filled with lots of junk. For those that want a lot of channels a cable/sat package is best. There are some savings to be had for those that require less though. Eventually it will go away as the networks force more and more filler into streaming bundle. I'll stick with Tivo and the tv/internet bundle as long as it stays reasonable for locals and a dozen or so cable/sat channels with internet service

Reactions: Troch77
I like having the Sling Blue package. It gives me some of the extra channels I like that I don't get in my Dish Welcome Pack for $20 more a month vs $60 more I would pay if I added the Top 200 on Dish. I like being able to watch it on the go on my iPad or iPhone and also the On Demand options for some of the shows.

Reactions: Yespage
This makes the top tier services nearly as expensive as Sony's Vue service, without DVR, but Charlie did say that was being worked on. This is all happening all over again: the same payTV tier and pricing mess, but it is all moved over to the OTT connected devices apps universe. Soon, it will be as if NOTHING has changed from the cable sat subscription to the apps via internet TV service subscription.

As far as mobile, Dish Anywhere kills SlingTV and a Slingbox uber kills SlingTV, but only because we are seeing more and more add on packages that will bring the total monthly subsciption up to the cable and sat bills. Does anyone think Sony Vue will not go beyond the $60 area some time and soon, and beyond. I'd say hold on to your cable and sat services as they may end up the better value in time.

This makes the top tier services nearly as expensive as Sony's Vue service, without DVR, but Charlie did say that was being worked on. This is all happening all over again: the same payTV tier and pricing mess, but it is all moved over to the OTT connected devices apps universe. Soon, it will be as if NOTHING has changed from the cable sat subscription to the apps via internet TV service subscription.

As far as mobile, Dish Anywhere kills SlingTV and a Slingbox uber kills SlingTV, but only because we are seeing more and more add on packages that will bring the total monthly subsciption up to the cable and sat bills. Does anyone think Sony Vue will not go beyond the $60 area some time and soon, and beyond. I'd say hold on to your cable and sat services as they may end up the better value in time.
I'd pay extra to PlayStation Vue or Sling TV if they offered the NFL Network, MLB Network, & NHL Network(i'm not all that keen on NBA Network). Skyangel/Fave TV was years ahead of its time when it offered secular & sports programming along with its religious programming. It's too bad that it was driven out of business, most likely by the same actors who eventually gave us PlayStation Vue & Sling TV.

Does anyone think Sony Vue will not go beyond the $60 area some time and soon, and beyond. I'd say hold on to your cable and sat services as they may end up the better value in time.

It would take Sony charging a lot more than $60/mo. before it's no longer worth it to me over cable/sat., assuming I'm getting all my locals. The $35/mo. I'm paying now for PS Vue is already less than what I would have to pay my cable company just to have DVR access in two rooms of my house when you factor in equipment rental ($19.99 for the multi-room service + 2 x $8.50 equipment rental = $36.99).

And now that I've switched to Ooma for my landline phone, I'll never qualify for a three-way bundle discount (TV+Internet+Phone) from my cable company, which is the only thing that makes their service remotely affordable (the bundle discount would roughly equal what the added phone service would cost).

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH! That's all I see anymore on these forums. Within the last several weeks, Sling has added FOX, NBC, FOX Sports, Sportsnet, FX, Comedy Central, USA, Bravo, FS1, FS2, NBC Sports, BBC America, FXX, SyFy, Nick Jr, BET, National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild to my main channel package, added VH1, E, Oxygen and Vibrant TV to my Lifestyle package, added multiple streams, and greatly improved the Roku app by adding favorite channels, favorite programs, channel guide and more. Plus, since I was already a loyal subscriber, how much more is Dish going to charge me each month for these added channels and services? $0 All this for only $25 a month plus tax. No DVR is needed with all the OnDemand choices included at no additional cost. Even "new" subscribers would only pay $30 a month plus tax for the Orange package and Lifestyle package, which to me is a great deal for anyone wanting to cut the cord.

Reactions: Yespage and rodder
On the front page headline OOC America was written when I think it was meant to be BBC America. I was trying to figure out what channel is OOC America. Maybe one I hadn't heard of.

If I understand all correctly to choose "Blue" or "Orange" is now a difficult decision for me since I don't need multi-stream and like the channels in "Orange", don't want overlap, and want the extra NBC Universal stuff (only for MSNBC). What am I to do?

BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH, BITCH! That's all I see anymore on these forums. Within the last several weeks, Sling has added FOX, NBC, FOX Sports, Sportsnet, FX, Comedy Central, USA, Bravo, FS1, FS2, NBC Sports, BBC America, FXX, SyFy, Nick Jr, BET, National Geographic and Nat Geo Wild to my main channel package, added VH1, E, Oxygen and Vibrant TV to my Lifestyle package, added multiple streams, and greatly improved the Roku app by adding favorite channels, favorite programs, channel guide and more. Plus, since I was already a loyal subscriber, how much more is Dish going to charge me each month for these added channels and services? $0 All this for only $25 a month plus tax. No DVR is needed with all the OnDemand choices included at no additional cost. Even "new" subscribers would only pay $30 a month plus tax for the Orange package and Lifestyle package, which to me is a great deal for anyone wanting to cut the cord.

Sounds like a great deal! So content available in the On Demand area is commercial free or at least allows you to fast-forward through commercials (or perhaps has shorter commercial breaks like some Hulu Plus content). I never watch On Demand content on PS Vue that has forced commercials. I simply don't watch commercials ever except for live sports and some news shows.

Someone's head is about to explode! :nana2

After reading this thread last night I checked out the Sling site and was pleasantly surprised to see all those additions.
IMO the 25$ package is great value is very similar to Dish America package (back when at 39$ was a great deal).

When it comes down to it, I would rather pay Sling a little more each month and just keep internet with Comcrap. I HATE them!! I love Sling TV. Always responsive, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)