'Lottery winner' causes riot at Ohio coat store

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotMe546

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Police say an Ohio woman being driven around in a limousine announced at a coat store she'd won the lottery and would pay for everyone's purchases but ended up causing a riot when customers realized it was a hoax. Columbus police Lt. Michael Deakins says the woman announced Tuesday she'd spend $500 on everyone at a Burlington Coat Factory, prompting customers to gather at registers and call relatives.

Associated Press

Arrested for o/s warrants, but maybe not this incident. Hmmmmm. Seems some folks will do anything if they feel they have little to lose or can otherwise get away with it.

Last edited:
What bothers me most about this whole thing is that customers in the store called relatives and friends to get to the store so they could get something for nothing. If someone offered me $500 I would take it graciously and thank the benefactor. It's called being in the right place at the right time. No need to call in the world to make the crazy lady go broke.

What store in their right mind would start ringing up purchases without making sure the benefactor actually has the money?

I bet that store has some new policies now lol. Sounds like the situation was not handled correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Foam Pillowtop Mattress Issues after 2 weeks and No Returns

Higher Education

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts