Low Sat Signal

Larry Morris

Original poster
Aug 11, 2014
I am usually a Diy guy. I have fine tuned my dish over and over again. With any kind of rain or clouds whatsoever
i get rain fade. I loose all HD channels. Would anyone have a suggestion. The best signal strength I can get is about 70. Its only in the last two or three months that my HD channels have been going out so easily.

70 is very good signal strength. We would need to know if you are Western or Eastern arc so we know what satellites your trying to pull in though.

zip code 40370 Using 110 and 119. Have repeadedly fine tuned everything. I have a single lead to my dvr which goes thru a splitter at the dvr to make it two lines. Could this splitter be my problem.

110 and 119 are Eastern arc. You also need to pick up 129. If you are not getting 129 then you are not getting many HD channels at all.

The part you called a splitter is actually a separator and that just sends the sat signal to the two tuners in the receiver and should not be affecting your signal.

110 and 119 are Eastern arc. You also need to pick up 129. If you are not getting 129 then you are not getting many HD channels at all.

The part you called a splitter is actually a separator and that just sends the sat signal to the two tuners in the receiver and should not be affecting your signal.
110/119/129 are Western Arc.

OP 110/119 should be mid-70s to mid-80s. 129 should be mid-50s to mid-60s.

Reactions: stardust3
If it is just a plain splitter that would be your problem

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

zip code 40370 Using 110 and 119. Have repeadedly fine tuned everything. I have a single lead to my dvr which goes thru a splitter at the dvr to make it two lines. Could this splitter be my problem.
What receiver and what programming package are you subscribing too? What dish do you have adish 500 a dish 500plus, a1000.2 western arc, a 1000plus or a 1000.4western arc?

top 200 I think. Dish 500. No signal at all on Sat 129.

And you said you were once getting more HD channels? You're not getting 129 because you don't have the right antenna. The Dish 500 only picks up 110 and 119, you need the Dish 1000.2 in order to get 110, 119 and 129. You can only get a handful of HD channels with a Dish 500 and I think those channels are coming off of 110. I'm guessing you get ESPN in HD?

I had no problem until recently. Now my HD channels downgrade to as. My rain fade is terrible. I loose signal on cloudy days. I checked my 129 Sat today and it varied from 0 to 23'

If you are pulling in a signal of 70+ on 110 and 119 then 20-30 on 129, then either your mast isnt plumb, or you got a bad lnbf.

Also that 129 bird is parked about 15 degrees off the 110 and 119 birds, so something else look at your dish from a behind point of view and see if there is any nature getting in the way.

This happened to me once, I rolled out on a job where the customer lost signal of course there is a hd upgrade work order built, I roll out to the location and sure enough their neighbor had planted pine trees around their fence line, so I could not get los anyplace for that 129 bird. Since the customer was already on hostile terms with their neighbor they said forget about them cutting that tree down. I finally got tired of trying to explain to the customer that I could not get hd signal in due to where they lived, that I finally called in the local qas and my fsm to explain it.

If you have a Dish 500 then that is your problem. You need to upgrade your antenna to a Dish 1000.2. If you do actually have the correct Dish then you may need to have your antenna repointed.

If you have a Dish 500 then that is your problem. You need to upgrade your antenna to a Dish 1000.2. If you do actually have the correct Dish then you may need to have your antenna repointed.
Kind of sounds like he might have two 500's, as he referred to the 129 dish.

I have a dish 500 dish. It has 3 lnb's. until recently my channels were fine. With the slighest rain, I get rain fade to the point of the channel switching down to an sd channel. With a little more rain it goes out completely. If I have the wrong sat dish, why did i receive HD channels before. It is possible that the antenna moved during some storm. I have readjusted the dish a couple of time and as said before I get about 73 or so on 110 and about 65 to 69 on 119. The 129 sat fades from max about 23 down to 0. Being a novice with this I would think that I must be off just a fraction. But is that fraction up down left right or skew.

IVIEW tablet can mirror screen to tv via hdmi

NBCSP recording failure today

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)