MAC Book Pro

Hopefully the new Macbook Pros are coming soon... you can't even buy a new 15" Macbook Pro at the moment. Hopefully that means the new ones are coming shortly. :D

For those looking for a new Mac notebook, you might want to swing by the Apple Store online and look at the 'special deals'. Lots of refurbs a pretty fair prices, all with the full new warranty and elgible for Applecare.

For those looking for a new Mac notebook, you might want to swing by the Apple Store online and look at the 'special deals'. Lots of refurbs a pretty fair prices, all with the full new warranty and elgible for Applecare.

Taking my own advice, I just ordered a refurb'd 11" MacBook Air from Apple's 'special deals'. @$849 it is a steal, imo!! I'll get Applecare 'cause I think with a notebook an extended warranty is well worth it.

Now to research a Mini-display-port to HDMI connector...

Thanks for info and link. Less than $7 compared to the one on Apple's site @$35, WOW!!

What's the second link for? Machines that don't support audio and video? I think the Air supports HDMI audio.

The 1st one will do video only. The 2nd one, which is what I have has a usb audio connector. You can send both audio and video over hdmi with this one

More of the same
MacBook Pros may be in for an imminent refresh, about time too -- Engadget
...we're also hearing the expected upgrade to Sandy Bridge won't afflict Apple's new machines with that
Cougar Point chipset flaw, so whenever Apple deigns to bring us this upgrade it should be nice and pristine.
"Nice and pristine" means either Apple makes its own chipsets (unlikely) or uses only SATA3 devices (I don't think they need more than two).

Diogen.

More rumors
Apple holds secret MacBook meeting, employees sign NDAs
The new laptops are rumored to feature Intel’s new Sandy Bridge processor, which was delayed earlier this year due to a design flaw. Today, reports have leaked that the new laptops will feature solid-state drives or SSD storage.

If they go with the Vertex 3 SSD Pro line it could be a beast...
OCZ Vertex 3 Pro Preview: The First SF-2500 SSD - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Diogen.

If they are released on Thursday I will be there on Thursday night to get one. :)

My 5 year old Macbook pro is on its last legs and is giving me troubles.

Yes they have. Usually the 'entry' level models are available immediately. Further up the food chain things tend to be a bit slower to ship.

Another day - another rumor:
Apple's Light Peak implementation called Thunderbolt, coming in new MacBook Pros? -- Engadget

If the spec sticker is to be believed, the entry level MBP will get a very modest update.
It does have LightPeak, uses Sandy Bridge CPUs (2-core) and Intel onboard video.
But no SATA3, BT3, USB3, unless "high-speed I/O" has something to do with it.
The hard drive looks very anemic, and so is the screen resolution.
But it might be fan-less and have long battery life.

LightPeak probably required its own chipset. That would explain why they are not affected by the Cougar Point flaw.

Let's hope the higher end models are more attractive in terms of specs.

Diogen.

093603-mbpeng.jpg

I am hearing from a few that it also has a 16GB SSD drive which is used (and can only be used) by the OS. If this is true I will be really happy. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)