Macbook model number?

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I have a dead macbook that I'd like to fix. I can't find a model # on it? It is white, says macbook near the screen. It has a rubbery bottom. It says rated 16.5v 3.65a IC 4324a-brcm1047 and the year 2009. The battery is not user removable. I don't see anything that looks like a model #. Any ideas how to find the specific model #?

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
Thank you for the links. I'd already been to both of those pages. There is no serial number printed on the outside of the laptop. The laptop isn't functional so I can't look it up on the screen.

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
If it shows 2009, A1342 seems correct. Looks like a late 2009 model, polycarbonate unibody.

John Kotches

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Troy, IL (STL Area)
If you can get your hands on a cheap mini displayport adapter you might find that it is just the display that is problematic.

This particular model has a problem with the backlight capacitors failing. In this case, the machine is fine but the display is not usable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
Thanks for the advice. I have a fair amount of experience working on windows based machines, but almost none on apple gear. I just ordered the display adapter. Found one on ebay for $5. For that price it is worth just having one in my bag of tricks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts