Madam Secretary

That good be good for CBS, I remember The Mentalist was affected by football games extending over scheduled time, to the point of some episodes not even airing on scheduled Sunday night.

[SERIES][SERIESWRAP1][EPISODENAME]Madam Secretary[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2014-09-21[/RELEASE]

Creator: [SERIESAUTH]Barbara Hall[/SERIESAUTH]

Cast: [ACTOR]Téa Leoni[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Timothy Daly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bebe Neuwirth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patina Miller[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Geoffrey Arend[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Željko Ivanek[/ACTOR]

Overview: [PLOT][/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP1][TVPOSTER1]
o7iGY59ZYsjvC01Z7Gvy4xkOl1S.jpg
[/TVPOSTER1][/SERIES]

[EPISODE][SHOWTITLE]Madam Secretary[/SHOWTITLE]
[EPISODEPOSTER]
siMHE1YTTp9g43OXZPvOmTePSRr.jpg
[/EPISODEPOSTER][EPISODEDATA][EPISODENAME]Another Benghazi[/EPISODENAME]
Season: [SEASON]1[/SEASON]
Episode: [EPISODENUM]2[/EPISODENUM]
Air Date: [EPISODEDATE]2014-09-28[/EPISODEDATE]

[/EPISODEDATA][EPISODEVIEW][EPISODEDES]While Elizabeth deals with a crisis in Yemen, her eldest daughter makes headlines for protesting a new university policy.[/EPISODEDES][/EPISODEVIEW][/EPISODE]

Yet to see the show yet. I will try this week and watch it ,but I don't think it looks promising . It is looks like a fictional version of Hillary Clinton at the state department as secretary of state.

I finally watched the pilot and I am going to hold judgement for a little while. It is definitely not a "Hillary Clinton" tribute. But beyond that, lets just say that the word "fiction" needs to be kept front and center. It's much like "The Good Wife" in look and feel with the major exception that the main character starts off strong and confident in herself if not in the position she has been thrust in.

As always we need internal conflict. I am happy to say that it seems for now that this conflict will not come from who is sleeping with whom. The first story centered around a rather silly main story, but I guess we needed to establish the character. The deeper thread that will run under each week's episode seems relatively interesting. This is the only reason why I will stick with the show for now. We'll see where it goes.

Kudos to CBS for coming up with something other than CSI Detroit (although that would be an action packed show) or NCIS Hawaii 5-0 but, well...this show isn't striking a favorable accord so the timers is getting whacked. So far, a bunch of new show timers have already been deleted but I'm keeping a few...at least for a few more weeks. Not a stellar Fall Season for new shows IMO.

Well I watched most of the episode tonight, with family visiting and some interruptions, not great but not bad I think

Having watched the first two, I mildly enjoy it. Tea is quite good. Timer not in jeopardy, yet.

Sorry I watched 15 minutes and I couldn't tell you what they were talking about. So this one gets deleted. I like Tea ,but this show is not going to grow a big audience.

What do you mean couldn't tell you what they were talking about?
IT did NOT get my attention . It was boring and sounded much like a true political show on tv. IF a show can't lock me in with it's premise in the first 15 minutes, I just pass . There is simply too many alternatives now to watch on tv , the web , netflix, etc, to waste my time on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)