Magnum P.I.

And this will be the new Higgins

perdita-weeks-2.jpg

There's only one Magnum and that's Tom Selleck. Look what they tried to do with 24. No Kiefer Sutherland and canceled after first year.
Yeah, Magnum was much more character driven than Hawaii 5-O, so a remake will be much harder, as the dynamic between Tom Selleck and John Hillerman drove much of the viewership.

Reactions: frank c.
I'm willing to give the show a chance. Part of the original was the comic relief element among the characters. The preview from the remake seem to be much more Hawaii Five-O remake level (meaning total suspension of disbelief) stunt work. We do not need yet another show like that.

Watched it. Pretty weak. Terrible script for a premier, some OTT moments like Hawaii Five-O has fallen prey to. One and done, for me.

Reactions: wormil
Yeah, a mediocre effort at best, will need better story lines and better interaction between the characters to make it.

The action was 80s cool, problem is that this is a new century and 80s action was also dumb. The plot was dripping with cheese and not a good cheese like gruyere but Velveeta. Higgins was ridiculous, worst part of the episode. Ep1 will be the best this show gets and it wasn't very good. I'm out.

Agree, wasn't that bad at all. Plus the beautiful scenery of Oahu helps a lot. The scenes of the Koolau mountain range and coastline views were spectacular...

I agree, reminded me of my past trips to Hawaii, I always tell people if we could just prescribe 10 days in Hawaii, we would all feel much better :)

I agree, reminded me of my past trips to Hawaii, I always tell people if we could just prescribe 10 days in Hawaii, we would all feel much better :)
Very true! Very glad that I was born here and my family goes back many generations. Would never want to be anywhere else but here in Hawai'i, my home.