Mailing List or Digest Option?

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Not sure how many would use it, but this is an idea/suggestion I wanted to throw out. I'm a member of another forum that uses this same software and they recently instituted a mailing list/digest option. You can select particular forums and it will send you an e-mail weekly or more frequently with a short summary of all the new posts since the last digest in the forums you selected. I'll admit I don't have a chance to check in here as much as I use to, and often "miss" good posts. It'd be great to be able to get a weekly or even daily digest as an option. Not sure what Plugin they are using but when you click on the configure link it has dbtech-mail in the url path.

IMO, the whole concept of notifications lost its appeal when the decision was made to omit the text of the reply.

I suppose it comes down to the frequency of being notified when anything has been posted to a thread you're watching. If you're a regular reader, it isn't very useful.

Just check the site periodically, and click on the "What's New" button. IF there's a particular thread you want to keep closer attention to, just subscribe to it with added email notifications.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)