Major Changes Coming to SatelliteGuys Radio!

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am working on some exciting things for SatelliteGuys Radio, and am pleased to announce that sometime in Mid - Late April, SatelliteGuys Radio will officially relaunch! We have invested in new software automation which gives us the real station feel and allows for our members to be the DJ's!

When we relaunch SatelliteGuys Radio will have a real radio station format, while the final format is still being decided it will look something like this...

Weekdays
6AM - 7AM The 60's @ 6
7AM - 8AM The 70's @ 7
8AM - 9AM The 80's @ 8
9AM - 5PM - The SatelliteGuys 80's Wayback Time Machine
5PM - 6PM - The Drive at 5
7PM - 8PM - I Wanna Rock!
8PM - 10PM - Various LIVE shows hosted by our members.
10PM - 12AM - Love Songs
12am - 6AM - The SatelliteGuys 80's Wayback Time Machine

With our new software we will be able to have our members DJ and voice track their shows! This means our members can host their shows and not even be by a computer when it airs. Voice tracking allows a DJ to record intros, tell the days news, jokes and entertainment stories for a full show in a matter of minutes! Voice tracking a 2 hour shift takes less then 15 minutes!

Plus we can have those wanting to have their own music play host their shows live, or they we can send them a USB drive so they can copy their music to it and return it to us. When they go to do their show they will see only their music and can pick and choose from their own music. Again this can be voice tracked so you can do an entire show in a matter of minutes! With this way a member may do a show once a week or an entire week of shows.

We decided to go with the 80's Decade for our main programming as 80's is currently the top listened to station on SiriusXM. But just because we are 80's most of the day it does not mean that someone can do a country show, a dance music show, a 90's show etc. The possibilities are endless!

Our new software automatically blends each song together for that professional sound. And is based on the same technology used at SiriusXM!

In addition SatelliteGuys Radio will be more portable then ever, as I have just finished work on mobile apps which will work on Android phones and tables, iPhone and iPads, Windows Mobile Phones and even apps for Blackberry Devices!

We are looking for voices with personalities attached to DJ on our station! If you always wanted to be a DJ on the radio here is your chance! DJ's must be on a Windows or MAC based computer and have a good sounding microphone. Software will be provided to you which interfaces directly with the studio. Once connected you will see your shows playlist using our format and where your voice overs need to be recorded. Once you are done click on save and everything is sent to our server and will automatically air at the correct time!

For those interested in being a DJ please contact me, I will get you the software you need and will also set you up with times so you can test everything out and practice being a DJ. You can even practice without sending anything to the server.

Another neat feature is we can even accept requests via our website, whats even neater is that even if you recorded your show the requests will be inserted in the show giving your show the extra live feeling!

You might have heard me screwing around with the new software on SatelliteGuys radio over the past few weeks. Getting everything ready has taken a ton of work and still a lot of work needs to be done. But so far I am very happy with the way things have gone and they way things are going!

Be on the lookout for more news in April! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 2.39.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 2.39.14 PM.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 225
  • photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 206
Hey Scott...I'd love to relive my college days as a DJ and the Voice Tracking makes it easier. I hosted the morning show for a semester and several AOR, oldies and Top-40 shows during my 5 years (yes 5 years!) in school. I'd love to look at the 70's show....what do you need from me?

I will be contacting those who contacting me looking to be a DJ early next week with more information and instructions on how to work things. :)

This is going to be FUN! :D

Last night as a test of the automation system, I ran "Love Songs" from 10PM until Midnight and we had 18 people listening when I looked.

We have partnered with TuneIn Radio who is now featuring SatelliteGuys Radio on their Homepage and suggested stations. In addition we are using their API to deliver them whats playing in real time which they pass on to people looking for something to listen to.

Since this Love Songs was unadvertised by me here I can only imagine this traffic is coming from TuneIn.