bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
please let dish know about the changes.
http://www.siriusxm.com/channelupdate
new channel lineup pdf file
http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/ex/SiriusXM_Channel_Lineup_81315.pdf
What new channels are you adding to my lineup?

Three music channels are being added to the satellite radio lineup:
•Velvet (Channel 13) features contemporary Pop vocalists including Michael Buble, Susan Boyle and Adele and will be available on Channel 13.
•SiriusXM Fly (Channel 47) features Hip-Hop & R&B from the '90s & 2000s.
•Limited Engagement is currently an online-only channel that will be renamed Limited Edition and will be available on all satellite radios. SiriusXM Limited Edition (Channel 18) is where you’ll find many of the exclusive limited run channels that SiriusXM offers every now and then. Exclusives pop and Rock artists, comedic icons and much more. When we dedicate a channel to a particular artist or theme for a short period of time, this is where it will be. Road Trip Radio will be available on SiriusXM Limited Edition (Channel 18) beginning August 13.

SiriusXM Comedy Greats, a new channel featuring the biggest names in comedy from yesterday and today will be available on Channel 94 on satellite radio, on the streaming service, and on the SiriusXM app beginning August 13.

Two new channels are being added to satellite radio, the streaming service and the SiriusXM app in the fall. Although your radio lineup will reflect these channels, programming for these channels will start in the fall:
•FOX News Headlines 24/7 is a new national headline news service and full-time satellite radio channel produced by a dedicated team of FOX News journalists and contributors and will be available on Channel 115 with satellite radio, online, and with the SiriusXM App.
•Radio Andy, a new channel created by Andy Cohen featuring fun, uncensored entertainment spanning everything in pop culture, celebrities and much more, will be available on Channel 102 with satellite radio, online, and with the SiriusXM App.

Three new music channels are being added to the streaming service, on the SiriusXM app, and on newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service:
•Poptropolis, a new channel featuring 80s, '90s, and millennium music all on one channel, will be available on Channel 300.
•SiriusXM Turbo, a new channel featuring hard rock and nu-metal from the '90s to the early 2000s, will be available on Channel 314.
•El Paisa, a new Latino variety channel features music, celebrities, news, sports, inspirational, home, and personal improvement content, will be available on Channel 470.

Three channels are being added to Sirius satellite radio lineup:
•KIDZ BOP (Channel 77) features pop hits sung by kids for kids.
•The Verge (Channel 173) features Canada’s new and emerging Indie and alternative sounds.
•Influence Franco (Channel 174) features emerging French music discoveries from Canada.

CBC Country, a new channel featuring the best in new Canadian country mixed with the latest music from Country’s biggest stars, will be available on Channel 171 on satellite radio, online and on the SiriusXM app.

I can't find some of the channels I normally listen to. Where did they move to?

Some of our channels will move so that the lineup will be more intuitive and easier to navigate.

New Music Channel Number Assignments
•The Coffee House is moving from Channel 31 (Rock Category) to Channel 14 (Pop Category).
•Backspin is moving from Channel 46 to Channel 43.
•The Heat is moving from Channel 47 to Channel 46.
•Caliente is moving from Channel 150 to Channel 69 (Pop Category).

New Music Channel Number Assignments on streaming service, on the SiriusXM app, and on newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service.
•Caricia is moving from Channel 523 to Channel 306.
•Viva is moving from Channel 500 to Channel 307.

New Sports Channel Number Assignments
•ESPN Radio is moving from Channel 83 to Channel 80.
•ESPN Xtra is moving from Channel 84 to Channel 81.
•Mad Dog Sports Radio is moving from Channel 85 to Channel 82.
•SiriusXM College Sports Nation is moving from Channel 91 to Channel 84.
•SiriusXM Sports Zone will be renamed SiriusXM Rush and is moving from Channel 92 to Channel 93. SiriusXM Rush will bring you the same programming on SiriusXM Sports Zone with more great shows including Covino and Rich.
•SiriusXM PGA Tour Radio (XM only) is moving from Channel 93 to Channel 92.
•SiriusXM Bleacher Report Radio is moving from Sirius Channel 93 and XM Channel 208 to Channel 83.
•SiriusXM FC is moving from Channel 94 to Channel 85.
•SiriusXM NHL Network Radio is moving from XM Channel 218 and Sirius Channel 211 to Channel 91.

New News Channel Number Assignments
•CNN is moving from Channel 115 to Channel 116.
•HLN is moving from Channel 116 to Channel 117.
•MSNBC is moving from Channel 117 to Channel 118.
•BBC World Service is moving from Channel 118 to Channel 120.
•C-SPAN is moving from Channel 120 to Channel 455 (available on streaming service, on the SiriusXM app and on newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service only)

New Channel Assignments for Channels moving from Family/Health Category to Entertainment Category
•Rural Radio is moving from Channel 80 to Channel 147.
•Doctor Radio is moving from Channel 81 to Channel 110.
•RadioClassics is moving from Channel 82 to Channel 148.

New Channel Assignments for Traffic and Weather
•Atlanta Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 134 to Channel 132.
•Miami/Orlando Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 136 to Channel 134.
•Tampa-St. Pete Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 136 to Channel 137.
•Dallas-Ft. Worth Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 137 to Channel 136.
•St. Louis/Minneapolis Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 138 to Channel 136.
•San Francisco/Seattle Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 139 to Channel 137.
•Los Angeles/San Diego Traffic and Weather is moving from Channel 140 to Channel 138.

Are you removing any channels from the Sirius or XM satellite lineup?

Escape (Channel 69) will no longer available on satellite service beginning August 13.

Two channels will no longer be available on satellite radio beginning August 13 but will still be available with streaming service, with the SiriusXM app, and with newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service.
•Águila (Channel 148) will no longer be available on satellite service but will still be available on SiriusXM Channel 305.
•C-SPAN (Channel 120) will no longer be available on XM satellite service. C-SPAN will still be available on SiriusXM Channel 455.

Two Canadian channels currently available on Sirius satellite service and on newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service will be available only with streaming service or with the SiriusXM app as of August 13.
•Iceberg (Channel 161) will no longer be available on satellite service but will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 762.
•Attitude Franco (Channel 164) will no longer be available on satellite service but will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 763.

Five Latino channels currently available with newer satellite radios with SiriusXM service will be available only with streaming service or with the SiriusXM app as of August 13
•Flow Nación (Channel 506) will no longer available on satellite service but will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 766.
•Luna (Channel 530) will no longer available on satellite service but will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 766.
•Rumbón (Channel 533) will no longer available on satellite service but will still be available on online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 767.
•La Kueva (Channel 540) will no longer available on satellite service but will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on Channel 768.
•Latidos (Channel 520) will no longer available on satellite service. Latidos will still be available online and on the SiriusXM app on SiriusXM Channel 764.

Three channels will no longer be available on SiriusXM satellite service beginning August 13.
•SiriusXM Indie (Channel 102) will no longer available on SiriusXM satellite service
•Radio Formula Mexico (Channel 156) will no longer available on SiriusXM satellite service.
•CBC Music: Sonica (Channel 171) will no longer available on SiriusXM satellite service

Thanks

Allen bluegras
illinois

Last edited:
I would think that whenever the changes are made, they'll probably happen on Dish at the same time. Does Dish carry the entire lineup? I have listened some but don't go though those channels a lot. Thanks for the information though Allen.

Reactions: bluegras
I would think that whenever the changes are made, they'll probably happen on Dish at the same time. Does Dish carry the entire lineup? I have listened some but don't go though those channels a lot. Thanks for the information though Allen.
your most welcome i think dish will add velvet,fly and these two to the lineup Poptropolis, and SiriusXM Turbo.

Allen, do you really think Sirius XM is going to make channel changes and not let their customer, Dish, in on it..... ;)

Allen, do you really think Sirius XM is going to make channel changes and not let their customer, Dish, in on it..... ;)
very good question bobby i hope siriusxm will contact dish to let them know about the changes there is room to add more channels .

Huh. Anybody care to figure out what the net increase in channels will be? I fear they will cream even more channels into their limited bandwidth. :crying

Reactions: DWS44
I only glanced at the PDF, looks like good changes, the sports area looks a ton cleaner - and unless I missed it - no more difference in channel numbers between the sirius and xm radios. This is a big change as despite the merger being years ago they still were using separate numbers for some channels, specifically in sports and non-music.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
:(Very disappointed to learn that the station we listen to almost 100 percent of the time will be dropped on the 13th of August. We were very early adopters of XM and have been loyal customers for many years. However with this development, we will be saying goodbye. Time to look for another source. If anyone is interested, I am referring to the Escape channel. It is I would call a "music of your life" type channel. Absolutely hate todays so-called music, and other than this channel, the only other source of our type of music is found on internet radio. I know many of you are thinking, "tough luck old fart", but us golden agers count too. And we have money to spend as well. But XM-SIRIUS has gotten their last dollar from us.

I find myself listening to only one channel as well: 68. This plays New Age, mysteriously stuck in the Jazz genre. Only one channel number away from Escape! I wonder if I'm next. :(

:(Very disappointed to learn that the station we listen to almost 100 percent of the time will be dropped on the 13th of August. We were very early adopters of XM and have been loyal customers for many years. However with this development, we will be saying goodbye. Time to look for another source. If anyone is interested, I am referring to the Escape channel. It is I would call a "music of your life" type channel. Absolutely hate todays so-called music, and other than this channel, the only other source of our type of music is found on internet radio. I know many of you are thinking, "tough luck old fart", but us golden agers count too. And we have money to spend as well. But XM-SIRIUS has gotten their last dollar from us.

Well I have been a XM subscriber for a long time. I too am really think very hard about dumping them. It's not worth almost $200.00 a year. There are certain places in town here that I get very bad reception and there is a street that has some trees on it and I get no reception on it at all. They are pricing them selves out of business, and I am getting tired of drinking their brand of Kool-Aide.

A few observations:

Glad to see better organization when it comes to the Sports channels.

I have no idea who Andy Cohen is.

For the new online channels, the pop channels sounds like The Pulse, Turbo sounds like a version of Octane that plays a little bit of some of the older stuff.

I've heard of Escape, but without looking it up have no idea what kind of music is on that channel. I looked it up, and it's 'Beautiful Music' I have no idea what that means. So I looked up Beautiful Music and I can't say I understand what type of music it is.

Looks like those latino 'diversity' channels weren't doing so hot.

Overall no problems with the changes. We get alot use from Sirius/XM, much more than just the music. Looking forward to the legends of comedy.

A few observations:

Glad to see better organization when it comes to the Sports channels.

I have no idea who Andy Cohen is.

For the new online channels, the pop channels sounds like The Pulse, Turbo sounds like a version of Octane that plays a little bit of some of the older stuff.

I've heard of Escape, but without looking it up have no idea what kind of music is on that channel. I looked it up, and it's 'Beautiful Music' I have no idea what that means. So I looked up Beautiful Music and I can't say I understand what type of music it is.

Looks like those latino 'diversity' channels weren't doing so hot.
Regarding Escape (Beautiful Music)---It is Orchestral such as Mantovani, Percy Faith and others from the 50s and 60s mostly. And ballad singers such as Andy Williams, Tony Bennett and many others. No Rock, Rap and such. Some might refer to it as "elevator music", but it includes singers (real ones). As you can tell, I absolutely hate todays crap and listen only to music preferred by those of my age. But alas, apparently we don't count anymore.

Reactions: w6pea
Some might refer to it as "elevator music", but it includes singers (real ones). As you can tell, I absolutely hate todays crap and listen only to music preferred by those of my age. But alas, apparently we don't count anymore.
Note that while a lot of Elevator Music sounds authentic, a lot of it is produced using synthesizers rather than real bands or orchestras.

Getting cast into an "age appropriate" mold isn't what music is about.

Regarding Escape (Beautiful Music)---It is Orchestral such as Mantovani, Percy Faith and others from the 50s and 60s mostly. And ballad singers such as Andy Williams, Tony Bennett and many others. No Rock, Rap and such. Some might refer to it as "elevator music", but it includes singers (real ones). As you can tell, I absolutely hate todays crap and listen only to music preferred by those of my age. But alas, apparently we don't count anymore.

I have to agree......Sirius/Xm could careless what their listeners get as long as they have Scumbags like Howard Stern and people that are willing to pay listen to him or his garbage.

Huh. Anybody care to figure out what the net increase in channels will be? I fear they will cream even more channels into their limited bandwidth. :crying

My first thought as well. Looks like all my favorites survived, but not sure I can take the sound quality getting much worse. (Referring to the actual Sat Radio service, not the Dish channels)

Then you know how sound quality has decreased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)