Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/10/news/newsmakers/sirius_buffett/index.htm
Margaritaville moves to Sirius
Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett plans to broadcast Radio Margaritaville on satellite service.
May 10, 2005: 8:19 AM EDT
jimmybuffett.03.jpg

Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett is headed for Sirius Satellite Radio.

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Sirius Satellite Radio announced a deal Tuesday with singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett to launch Radio Margaritaville on the subscription-based service.

Buffett, who launched Radio Margaritaville in 1998 as an Internet-only channel, will regularly broadcast for Sirius from a studio at his restaurant in Orlando, Fla. The channel will also broadcast from other Margaritaville Cafes in Key West, Fla.; New Orleans; Las Vegas; Jamaica; and Cancun, Mexico.

"I first listened to Sirius' incredible programming in my car and boat," said Buffett, famous for such carefree-lifestyle songs as "Margaritaville" and "Cheeseburger in Paradise." "We designed Radio Margaritaville after the old pirate radio stations that sat offshore and played what they wanted."

"Margaritaville is more than just great music -- it's a lifestyle," Scott Greenstein, Sirius President of Entertainment and Sports, said in a statement.

The singer-songwriter's move to bring Margaritaville to satellite radio is the latest in a string of high-profile programming deals for Sirius, highlighted by the signing of radio personality Howard Stern for broadcasts beginning next year.

Martha Stewart is also getting Sirius, click here.

Jimmy looks to be debuting his channel sometime this summer. I wonder what Sirius will do with the Vacation Channel?

Jimmy Buffett and SIRIUS are teaming up to bring you a true taste of radio paradise: Radio Margaritaville.

The new 24-hour channel, featuring a wide variety of music, live broadcasts of Buffett’s concerts and other unique programs, will debut this summer.

"I first listened to SIRIUS' incredible programming in my car and my boat," said Buffett. "We had designed Radio Margaritaville after the old pirate radio stations that sat offshore and played what they wanted. When I saw how SIRIUS is changing the way radio is being heard, I welcomed the opportunity for Radio Margaritaville to join them."

Buffett launched Radio Margaritaville in 1998 on the Internet. Now, with Radio Margaritaville on SIRIUS, Parrotheads across America can hear it in their cars, on their boats and on the go by subscribing to SIRIUS.

Jimmy Buffett on Sirius

Please help w/acquiring signal problem - Sirius

How much regular radio do you listen to vs. Satellite radio?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)