Marvels Agent Carter

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
If the rumor turns out to be accurate, and I would be surprised if it does, then Ill predict that it will not be the spidey of the Sony universe that we have grown accustomed to. It will not be Garfield, and those movies will not be related in any way to the current MCU. It will be a recast, and separate character, perhaps not even Parker as they killed him off in the Ultimate universe and replaced him with a half black/half hispanic kid (only to resurrect him later).

Who knows.

Personally, I would love to tie the two universes together into one. Otherwise there is a backstory problem for the character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
I'm still waiting for the Fantastic Four universe to be brought into the Avengers one so Chris Evans can play both Captain America and the Human Torch in the same movie. There's actually a pretty funny achievement/trophy in the recent LEGO Marvel Superheroes game:
18Lc45a50.png

Don't I Know You?

Team up Captain America with Human Torch (Co-op)

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
Who wants to bet that Peggy Carter's new neighbor is the assassin who killed her co-worker("I'll notify his wife." "I'll notify his girlfriend.").
I was thinking the same thing or that she is at least a member of the bad guys. Especially since the thug in the boat tells Carter that he was told to expect [paraphrasing:] "one of you." Which confused her for a second. I took it to mean women. Given how hard they've been pushing the gender theme, it would not surprise me if the bad guys ended up being bad gals (to borrow period slang).

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
At first when they showed someone lurking in the shadows near the boat, I assumed it was Peggy Carter waiting for the SSR to arrive because from behind the figure looked like a woman with hair tucked up under a hat. (Peggy was still on the boat.)
I think the assassin is someone working for Stark, actually, because of a bit of a spoiler I saw in a preview trailer after the first two episodes.
By the way, Bridget Regan, who plays Dot (the new boarding house resident), like Lindsay Fonseca in Nikita, had a major role that involved a lot of fighting in Legend of the Seeker.

legend-of-the-seeker-20081029031700798_640w_1225480135.jpg

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
At first when they showed someone lurking in the shadows near the boat, I assumed it was Peggy Carter waiting for the SSR to arrive because from behind the figure looked like a woman with hair tucked up under a hat. (Peggy was still on the boat.)
I think the assassin is someone working for Stark, actually, because of a bit of a spoiler I saw in a preview trailer after the first two episodes.
By the way, Bridget Regan, who plays Dot (the new boarding house resident), like Lindsay Fonseca in Nikita, had a major role that involved a lot of fighting in Legend of the Seeker.

legend-of-the-seeker-20081029031700798_640w_1225480135.jpg
That was Bridget Regan(I gotta re-watch that episode,no doubt it was the blond hair that threw me off)? Oh,what do I know? I didn't recognize her when she was on Beauty & the Beast either until I looked her up. I do remember her on Legend of the Seeker though. It did finally dawn on me who Lindsay Fonseca was without having to look her up. I remember her from both Nikita & Kick-Ass.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just watched this week's episode. Still very enjoyable, especially when Howard Stark shows up.

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
I don't know what it was about last week's episode, but I was fairly engrossed in spite of a relative lack of suspense and action set pieces (other than at the beginning). Maybe it was the big reveal about what Stark was really after and the Jarvis interrogation. The only thing I didn't care for was the SSR agent trip to Germany. It felt like filler and the information gained from it could've easily been handled in a 15 second conversation. In fact, the most significant aspect of that lead was revealed in a conversation inside the SSR offices. If this show has to have filler, fill it with more Peggy, Angie, and Dottie!

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I think the trip was just to plant the seed that Dooley might be up to something, reinforced when the typewriter started up in his presence. Kind of hard to secretly give a guy a cyanide pill over the phone.

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
It was great to see Peggy finally being able to show what she can really do in front of the SSR. Not only did she decode the Leviathan message and secure the services of the 107th Regiment, but she proved herself to be the bravest, most poised, and most skilled of any of the other SSR agents during the final combat sequence.

The only down note to the episode I thought was the A-Team level of skill with actually hitting targets (on both sides). Peggy running out in the open to the truck and not getting hit by three or four guys firing at her from just a several yards away with automatic rifles is a miracle. When she was lying in the truck, I thought that maybe she got a non-lethal bullet in the leg or arm or grazed somewhere -- nope. Apparently some secret Stark tech shielded her completely. :p

Zookster

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 19, 2004
Here and Now
I'm really enjoying how this show has developed over the past couple of episodes. Peggy has gone from a secretary/gopher who can't be entrusted with any real agency work to one of the more dangerous POIs they've encountered, even disarming and escaping from one of the SSR's top agents. It would've gotten old if she was constantly having to work on the sly while being continually disrespected by her peers. If this show gets another season, I hope by then she'll be rightly recognized as the top agent in the agency or even make "chief."

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
I've been watching it on the WatchABC app on my AppleTV. This show came out of the oven fully-baked, where the "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D" took its own sweet time to develop, not really hitting its stride until after the mid-season break (and the "Winter Soldier" movie).

Agent Carter also brings back Enver Gjokaj (Daniel) who played "Victor" in "Dollhouse". Behind Peggy, he's the smartest agent at the SSR.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)